Wild Thing: The Songs of Chip Taylor CD
|Price:||£13.51 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* Aretha Franklin ... Dusty Springfield ... the Hollies ... Walter Jackson ...Evie Sands ... Peggy Lee ... These are just some of the great artists included on "Wild Thing: The Songs Of Chip Taylor", the latest addition to our prestigious songwriter series. When performers of that calibre record your compositions, it's a sign you're doing something right.
* A frequent visitor to the UK, these days Chip belongs to the alt-country genre. Those who have heard the "King Rock'n'Roll" CD (CDCHD 975) will know that he began his career in the late 1950s as teenage rocker Wes Voight, his real name. But in the 1960s, in addition to a low profile recording career of his own, he very much specialised in writing songs for others.
* As with Ace's other writer-based collections, in addition to well-known songs ('I Can't Let Go', 'Angel Of The Morning', 'Picture Me Gone', etc) they have included some equally good but less famous numbers.
Top Customer Reviews
The obvious songs are here, starting with The Troggs' Wild Thing. And of course the seminal Angel of the Morning - though sadly I've yet to hear a version that really nails this song. I rate Billie Davis's the best vocal, but with a too clever string arrangement, though omitting Chip's over-long ending - "...through the tears of the day...", a classic example of a songwriter not knowing when to stop writing. That mistake sadly isn't avoided by the version here, the merely-OK Merrilee Rush hit, complete with the fluffed line "I see no reason to take me home". (It's '..no need..', or you spoil the metre, and she does!)
But I'm nitpicking. This collection grows on you. You won't regret buying it.