Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 June 2007
Wow, this was a sexy book and a half!! If you're looking for alpha male winning his female, then yeah it's got that but way more besides!

The sex scenes are scorching and often, this book is explicit and definitely in the same league as Lora Leigh's 'Men of August'.

The basic plot is about revenge, a stalker, and a woman learning to accept her desire for dominance in her sex life does not make her a deviant or a whore. But the plot stays basic - this is a series of seriously steamy encounters, pushing to the limits of erotica and then some!!

4.5 stars from me and looking forward to her next book 'Decadent' due out later this year! If you're after straight forward romance, don't bother, but if you want to get down and dirty, Wicked Ties is for you!
on 20 August 2012
Firstly this isn't all bad for a quick read erotica. But why oh why is every single erotica book about submissive women and dominant men with playrooms and nipple clamps?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for a bit of BDSM every now and again but a lot of the time it's all you get with erotica authors. I'd love love love to read a book where a guy is all alpha male but doesn't use nipple clamps and whips to show it. There are other more subtle forms of dominance and D/s that can be sexier.

Also this author doesn't do the 'hero' many favours in my book when he keeps positively pushing himself on the heroine. Half the time I felt like I was reading dubious consent scenes and that left a bad taste in my mouth.

The scene that really bugged me was when they had 'vanilla' sex and she's made to feel like crap. That's because as usual he's playing games with her. Refusing to speak or really be engaged. So in essence he's not doing what he promised - making love to her the way she wants - but playing childish games.

The whole thing just left a slightly bad taste in my mouth. Deke seemed like a much cooler guy than our hero and I warmed to him a lot more. I might give one more of these a try just because so many people seem to love her writing and maybe this particular book was just a bad one out the bunch.

I would have given this two stars if it wasn't for the hot menage scene which finally was actually quite sexy (probably because it had Deke in it who treats the heroine with a lot more respect than the supposed hero).
on 4 August 2008
I love a good steamy book... but this one is well hot even for me, had me blushing on more than 1 occasion. I bought and read 'Decadent' first then I realized the characters were linked from this book. This is definitely the better of the 2 books - although both are steamy! Managed to read it in 2 days as I just couldn't put it down.
on 19 September 2012
I downloaded this onto my kindle then realsied that it contained menage, which is not really my thing, so i decided not to read it.
however, while on holiday and managed to read everything else i reluctanly read this and WOW! i am so glad i did. it has to be one of my fave books. i really loved it. the trouble for me with meneage, i hate the idea of a man sharing his woman with anyone, but jack is no ordinary man. i loved him, i loved the book. loved it so much i brought in book form too. it's a keeper.
while reading this on my kindle someone spoke to me, i literally threw the kindle up in the air as if i had been caught doing something very naughty....delicious.
on 5 August 2013
....this is the second book of Shayla Black I've read and I'd have to say I'm still not sure.

This book for me had some plus points but probably slightly more negative ones. I'll start with the positive, the sex is pretty hot, the bdsm in it isn't what I'd class as hard-core but certainly warms the toes and there is a HEA ending but here's the downside....I think firstly more than £8 for a 2007 book is completely, way over the top!! I'm the first to agree that all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears an author goes through is worth rewarding but this price is just far too much to be justifiable.

The book for me was also pretty drawn out, I think it could have been successfully ended in about half as many pages and the characters, particularly the heroin, Morgan, got on my last nerve! She's 'submissive' but fights it tooth and nail yet when it comes to actually standing up for herself for anything she comes across as a weak little kitten.

I think there is, for me, definitely more negative to this story than positive sadly and as my first Shayla Black book (the Virgin Captive series) wasn't a great success it's more than likely I won't continue with these two series, this one especially is just too damn expensive honestly and that's just for starters. A real shame as it had potential but I don't think this one was worth my time and certainly not my money.
on 22 June 2012
I heard this book was HOT, so decided to give it a go. I'm open minded in my reading and since Fifty Shades was introduced, I have decided to try out more of the BDSM type novels, where generally I would indulge more in 'paranormal Romance'. But yes, WOW, this book is steamier than a footballers locker room!

Morgan O'Malley leads a colourful life (although not in the bedroom). She is a TV Host on a sex related show, also the bastard Daughter of a rich senator running for President who wants nothing to do with her and to top that off, she's running from a Stalker. Her only form of salvation is her newly found half Brother, Brandon Ross. Whilst her Father doesn't acknowlege her existence, her Brother plays an important role in helping to keep her safe by pretending she is his fiance'.

Whilst investigating a new topic for her show, BDSM, she encounters Master J... (Jack Cole), they converse via email and decide to meet. Jack however is also a Bodyguard and upon their meeting, an assasination attempt on Morgan's life throws him into action. He has no choice but to protect the TV presenter and find out, with help from his close friend, Deke, who is the culprit

However, there is a reason Jack wanted to meet Morgan, and it's not just to give advice in the kinky bedroom department. Underlying secrets, raw emotions and sexual tention creates the backdrop of this story.

There were moments when I got a glazed look due to the excessive wordiness sometimes and how the gaze of the eyes gave away every emotion and every thought detail which I found a little monotonous at times, but even still, I couldn't help but get sucked into the story.

Be prepared for alot of sexual encounters, it's not for the faint hearted and is a true erotica read. Due to this, this book is 18+

I really liked Deke, Jack's friend and I think his book is next, so I will definately be reading the next installment.
on 3 April 2009
Morgan O'Malley has seen a lot of kinky things as the sostess of a cable sex talk show. But she's never met a man like Jack Cole Before. Very steamy story, lots of hot staff and lots of erotic fantasies. I enjoyed this book and if you like hot and erotic books, you will too.
on 21 August 2012
I really enjoyed this book - the characters were delightful, funny and sexy. It is one of the few books I have re-read lately - so this gives you an indication how much fun it is. Morgan is really independant and smart and Jack Cole is gorgeous and has a wicked sense of humour. I really enjoyed their verbal sparring as well as the hot love scenes (especially the first scene in the bathroom!!)

I am always looking for a book with more than 250 pages, as I feel like I want to truly understand the characters motivations/thoughts/feelings and not just read about the sexual fantasies and Wicked Ties does this well.
on 26 October 2012
i bought this book as it was recomended to me oh my god what a steamy erotic read could not put it down i read it in one day (good job it was my day off as nothing go done)enjoyed the book so much ended up buying the next 5 in this series of wicked lovers.roll on the next 2 coming out next year, what an amazing book to read enjoyed them so much will be reading again i do this if a book pulls me in and this is what these have done.i wanted a adult book to read an oh my i got it, shayla black is an amazing author cant wait for the next installment well worth the money.
on 12 April 2014
what can I say that hasn't been mentioned, the good and the bad.
ohhh I remember, when Andrew broke in on the big fight between Jack and Brandon, I was disappointed we could of had a more original introduction to the stalker. so this gets a respectable 3 stars.