Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Winnie the Pooh [DVD] forum

Why no Blu-ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jul 2011 09:33:46 BDT
J. Martin says:
I'm getting increasingly annoyed with Disney UK and their lack of thought and care with their Blu-ray/DVD releases, and this is another classic example of how cheap they're getting.

I really enjoyed this film in the cinema and was really looking forward to seeing Pooh in HD, but alas Disney UK see nothing to gain from it. A double-pack with the 1977 film and this one would have been perfect, especially since the original is now OOP.

Why can't this bee given an HD release?:-(

Posted on 31 Jul 2011 17:01:21 BDT
Mr Mutsnutz says:
Completely agree. Didn't catch it in the cinema so was hoping to wait for a Blu-Ray release, seeing you can get HD trailers off the internet. So the country that gave the world Winnie the Pooh is again treated second rate by the Disney brigade. Its bad enough with their vault system but to just decide to not release this on Blu-Ray in the UK is ridiculous. And you just know, as its Disney, that the international blu-rays won't be "any region" encoded....... And they wonder why Pixar Studios always out performs the more traditional in-house Disney productions these days.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2011 16:27:41 BDT
Pete Nobody says:
You can now pre-order it from Amazon.com in the US as a so called 'Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy' Combo. Although there is no concrete release date yet, it is rumoured to be any time before Christmas. And, by the way, all newer Disney releases in the US are region coded A/B/C, they have already started with this in 2010, not only for the older titles also the new blockbusters like 'Tangled' etc. are region free (or precisely A/B/C).

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2011 06:56:01 BDT
J. Martin says:
Importing is all very well and good for certain films, but for something like this I shouldn't need to be importing it, as HD trailers and promotions for it have been widely available in the UK, as Nicholas Gray said.

This is one of those releases where they're releasing it for sake of it as it came out in cinemas. Disney UK don't care about this release one bit, even the cover is the sames as the poster art. If they really did care they would release it on Blu-ray, and even looking at the spine of the DVD there's no 'classic number' on it as there has been with previous Blu-ray/DVD releases, so I don't even think they're aware this is another animated classic from the same line as films like The Lion King or Tangled.

So tbh much as I would love it in HD, I am not going to be importng something where theoretically I shouldn't have to.

Posted on 14 Aug 2011 21:43:43 BDT
S. heale says:
i seem to be one of the few who caught this at the cinema and me and my daughter loved it.
but we saw it 2 days after it was released and where the only ones in the cinema-the screen holds 400
i was looking forward to getting this on bluray but no such luck
it only took £176,000 in this country but did well in the us,so they get the decent release
it deserves to be up there with the classics its a lot better then some of the other modern releases

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2015 14:27:43 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Jun 2015 14:33:59 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2015 14:33:31 BDT
The reason why this movie doesn't have a "classic number" on it is because for marketing purposes, it is excised from the list in the UK, and Wreck-It Ralph [DVD] is the 51st film instead.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  9 Jul 2011
Latest post:  15 Jun 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Winnie the Pooh [DVD]
Winnie the Pooh [DVD] by Stephen J. Anderson (DVD - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars (114)