Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > Black Swan [Blu-ray] forum

Why 'Triple Play'?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 May 2011, 00:02:20 BST
Why should I be forced to pay £16 for 3 copies of the same film when I only require the film on blu-ray?

I really hate this trend of 'triple play' discs and the way the prices increase as a result.

Posted on 12 May 2011, 18:20:54 BST
+1

Same thing happened back in December with Inception. Haven't even touched the DVD or D/C

Posted on 14 May 2011, 09:17:06 BST
R. Garside says:
I agree about the digital copy- I don't think that is necessary. However, when you only have one blu-ray player then an extra DVD copy to play everywhere else can be very useful. I have given those to other members of my family who don't have a blu-ray player. In addition, I don't think that the lack of DVD would make the package any cheaper, since standalone DVDs of the same film retail for about £4 less than the triple play when they are first released.

Posted on 14 May 2011, 10:35:05 BST
BenB92 says:
i like the triple play...even if i dont use the digital copy, if i'm gonna watch a film at a friends house and they have no BD-player, we can always watch the dvd...

Posted on 10 Nov 2011, 11:27:42 GMT
Kekerusey says:
I dislike "Triple Play" intensely ... whilst I can see the use for friends, I typcially buy DVD's & Blu-Ray's for me and my family and (in my house) we only have blu-ray players now. Sure you could argue that some films could be played on PC's and xBox's etc. but the kind of films I buy on Blu-Ray tend to be big FX stuff, the stuff that really benefits from large screens ... in that sense Triple-Play becomes nothing more than a marketting rip-off.

James

Posted on 21 Jan 2012, 18:16:04 GMT
Ms. N. Boden says:
I love the triple play as we only have 1 BD player in the house. I can watch the DVD in my bedroom
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  8 May 2011
Latest post:  21 Jan 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Black Swan [Blu-ray]
Black Swan [Blu-ray] by Natalie Portman (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.6 out of 5 stars (394)