on 2 February 2011
The best review I can give is to share some quotes:

"Church isn't boring because we're not showing enough film clips, or because we play organ instead of guitar. It's boring because we neuter it of it's importance."

Wow. How true is that. Often, especially when we're thinking about contextualization, we can neuter the power right out of the Gospel. Quite a warning.

He continues with regards the way he hopes his life is viewed when he's gone:

"...At the end of my life, I want my friends and family to remember me as someone who battled for the gospel, who tried to mortify sin in my life, who fought hard for life, and who contended earnestly for the faith. Not just a nice guy who occasionally noticed the splendour of the mountains God created, while otherwise just trying to enjoy myself, manage my schedule, and work on my short game."
on 10 June 2011
This is terrific defense of the place of the Church in the works of God by two American evangelicals. It is popular rather than academic but well rooted in their Reformed tradition. Christians of all perspectives would have a lot to learn from this book. It is well written and bounds along in an informal style. It could reasonably easily be read in one sitting.