Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > On The Edge: My Story forum

Who's the top guy on Top Gear?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Sep 2007 15:28:11 BDT
Hello.

With the guys from Top Gear launching new books within a month of each other, we thought we'd ask which of three is your favourite presenter and why?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2007 13:20:07 BDT
I have admiration more for Jeremy Clarkson. His wit, experience and the ability to tell it how it is, is unmissable.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2007 17:40:26 BDT
J. Davies says:
You call it wit...

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2007 08:27:47 BDT
lavabubble says:
It depends really. For sarcasm and bare faced cheek, Clarkson. For personality and looks, Hamster. For general nerdiness and actually knowing what the benefit of having 16 valves in an engine is, its gotta be Captain Slow!!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2007 12:40:22 BDT
H. Walshaw says:
I agree! Like them all! (although Richard is my favourite...)
On a slightly different note...after reading one of the reviews for Richards book I wondered why someone would bother reading a book about someone they don't respect who works on a TV show they don't like!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2007 14:58:14 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 21 Nov 2007 13:52:02 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2007 17:28:33 GMT
I like richard.
He is probaly the most handsome and has the best personality. He likes all the same cars that i do and he is probaly the most adventurous

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2007 17:35:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2007 17:38:38 GMT
S. Lewis says:
well first off i have to say im a big fan of topgear. i do think richard and Jeremy are great with playing off eachother.
as far as the negative feedback on richards book, well i feel so sorry for them. seems to me that theres a bit of the green eyed monster somewhere. i have just bought this book and cant wait to read it as a person myself that has suffered brain damage,and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. but the negavtive feedback to me is not right. you dont have to be driving, riding or anything like that to suffer something like this.
anyways getting back to the subject on the three, in my opinion there all great as if you took just one of them out of the show it just wouldnt be the same as they all play off each other so brilliant. it just makes the show, and thats why people that are not into cars like the show too. says it all really.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2007 15:14:36 GMT
MDV says:
Like them all!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2007 15:54:40 GMT
S. Mowat says:
i think that each presenter has his own merits - james for being well just the epitomy of a geek! although the way he does this is hilarious, Clarkson for his dead pan humour and i suppose that you can call this his wit. And richard for his cheek and charm. he is just a very likeable chap.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2008 17:51:14 GMT
MRS D says:
James May of course. Not only is he gorgeous, but comes across as having the widest interests and accomplishments of the three. He is intelligent and I just love his dry sense of humour. What more could anyone want?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  27 Sep 2007
Latest post:  17 Mar 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
On The Edge: My Story
On The Edge: My Story by Richard Hammond (Hardcover - 20 Sept. 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars (187)