Have one to sell?
A Whole Lotta Jerry Lee Lewis Box set, Collector's Edition, Extra tracks, Original recording remastered
|Price:||£28.58 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
See all 3 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Only 3 left in stock (more on the way).
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
1. Crazy Arms
2. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
3. Great Balls Of Fire
4. You Win Again
6. High School Confidential
7. Lewis Boogie
8. Break Up
9. I ll Sail My Ship Alone
10. Lovin Up A Storm
11. What d I Say
12. Cold Cold Heart
13. Hit The Road Jack
14. Pen And Paper
15. I'm On Fire
16. She Was My Baby (He Was My Friend)
17. High Heel Sneakers
18. Just In Time
19. Baby, Hold Me Close
20. I Believe In You
21. Green Green Grass Of Home
22. Baby (You've Got What It Takes) (with Linda Gail Lewis) - Jerry Lee Lewis & Linda Gail Lewis
23. Detroit City
24. Rockin' Jerry Lee
25. Memphis Beat
26. Big Boss Man
27. It's A Hang-Up Baby
28. Turn On Your Love Light
29. Shotgun Man
1. Chantilly Lace
2. Think About It Darlin'
3. Walk A Mile In My Shoes
4. Lonely Weekends
5. Me And Jesus (with Linda Gail Lewis)
6. Who's Gonna Play This Old Piano
7. No Honky Tonks In Heaven
8. No Traffic Out Of Abilene - Jerry Lee Lewis & Linda Gail Lewis
9. No More Hanging On - Jerry Lee Lewis & Linda Gail Lewis
10. Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee
11. Bad Moon Rising
12. Juke Box - Jerry Lee Lewis & Linda Gail Lewis
13. No Headstone On My Grave
14. Sometimes A Memory Ain't Enough
15. Ride Me Down Easy - Jerry Lee Lewis & Linda Gail Lewis
16. I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
17. Just A Little Bit
18. Big Blue Diamonds
19. Tell Tale Signs
20. He Can't Fill My Shoes
21. Honey Hush
22. I Can Still Hear The Music In The Rest Room
23. House Of Blue Lights
24. Boogie Woogie Country Man
25. A Damn Good Country Song
26. Would You Take Another Chance On Me
27. Me And Bobby McGee
28. Thirteen At The Table
1. Don't Boogie Woogie
2. I Can't Keep My Hands Off Of You
3. I Don't Want To Be Lonely Tonight
4. Let's Put It Back Together Again
5. Jerry Lee's Rock And Roll Revival Show
6. The Closest Thing To You
7. Middle Age Crazy
8. Tennessee Saturday Night
9. Come On In
10. I'll Find It Where I Can
11. I Hate You
12. Rockin' My Life Away
13. I Wish I Was Eighteen Again
14. Who Will The Next Fool Be
15. When Two Worlds Collide
16. Over The Rainbow
17. Thirty-Nine And Holding
18. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
19. My Fingers Do The Talkin'
20. Come As You Were
21. Honky Tonk Rock And Roll Piano Man
22. Why You Been Gone So Long
23. Sixteen Candles (with Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison & Carl Perkins) - Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash
24. Wild One (with David Kemper and Gerald McGee)
A Whole Lotta Jerry Lee Lewis
Hell, I never said I was the King of Rock n Roll... I said simply that I m the BEST! So proclaimed Jerry Lee Lewis, and never did he make a more penetrating assessment. One of Rock n Roll s most controversial yet enduring pioneer figures, The Killer has chalked up very nearly 100 worldwide hits in a recording career which is now in its sixth decade. Many of these hits are included on this four disc set, which traces Jerry Lee s story from his legendary Sun Rock n Roll recordings of the 50s, through too his subsequent Country successes and the wide variety of hits and classics he made for the Smash, Mercury, Elektra and MCA labels during the 60s, 70s and 80s.
But his controversial sound bites all tend to blur the basic fact that Jerry Lee is one of the most talented musicians who ever lived. One of the all-time great vocal stylists and Rock & Roll s quintessential live performer, his genius is wholly instinctive. He turned up at Sun Records in 1956 with a style that was already more or less fully developed and which required neither compromise nor improvement. And he was cutting killers (pun intended) from his very first session.
Before long he began to rival Elvis - and had it not been for the underage bride scandal, which very nearly ended his career, who knows how big he could have been? But Jerry Lee is a born survivor. He went back out on the road and started again from scratch - although, as he once commented, From $10,000 to $250 a night is one Hell of a drop! and his vast recorded output since this incident, often producing up to 5 albums in a calendar year, is truly astonishing.
Perhaps even more surprising is the fact that his biggest-selling album of all (Mean Old Man) was released in 2010, which is evidence that Jerry Lee has still got what it takes.... Not that that fact has ever been in dispute as this fantastic collection makes clear.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
18 February 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
This is an excellent collection for anyone who likes Jerry Lee Lewis, especially for those more recent converts who won't have many of his tracks. This comes in a really nice box with an interesting 70 page booklet. Purists will moan that there is not enough of 'this period' or 'that period' but these 107 tracks - for a mere £20 gives a good coverage of this highly talented musician's career. The quality is A+ and this rates as one of the best music buys I've made in a while.
5 February 2016
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Well pleased with this ,nice to look at even better to listen too and importantly didn't break the bank,always a vital consideration for me .Arrived in perfect condition having been supremely well packed.If all this was not enough a lot of the tracks were new to me and all had been well recorded.
4 March 2016
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
A perfect compilation for die hard fans and anyone just wanting to own a good collection by the master of R&B, Blues and Rock.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
A truly great set from Jery Lee - ideal if you're a beginner to his music or if you're an older fan who has forgotten many of these great country hits.
Not as good I had hoped it would be but it's ok. I tend to pick out the songs I like
I hesitated over buying this especially as I already owned the complete Sun box set and the best of the Smash/Mercury recordings 1963-77 (3 cd's).Read more
When listening to or watching the tracks of this compilation in the sound editor I made sure that all them tracks was clipped during the remastering and therefore contain dynamic...Read more