The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Proven Strategies to Nurture Your Childs Developing Mind Paperback – 16 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
One of the best books I have read on how to parent - it goes to the top of my list! (Sue Gerhardt, author of Why Love Matters)
Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson have created a masterful, reader-friendly guide to helping children grow their emotional intelligence. This brilliant method transforms everyday interactions into valuable brain-shaping moments. Anyone who cares for children-or who loves a child-should read. (Daniel Goleman, author of Emotional Intelligence.)
Siegel and Bryson reveal that an integrated brain with parts that cooperate in a coordinated and balanced manner creates a better understanding of self, stronger relationships, and success in school, among other benefits. With illustrations, charts, and even a handy "Refrigerator Sheet," the authors have made every effort to make brain science parent-friendly. (Publisher's Weekly)
"Fears? Fights? Frustrations? Help is here! Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson turn leading brain science into simple, smart-and effective-solutions to your child's struggles. (Harvey Karp, M.D., author of The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block)
Engaging read with fun illustrations. (Practical Parenting & Pregnacy’s Book of the Month)
Very approachable and readable. (Claire Parker Child and Adolescent Mental Health 19, No. 1)
A pioneering and practical book for parents that explains the new science of how a child's brain is wired and how it matures.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental