Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Mablethorpe Connection forum

Who is the real star - Wolfbane or Mablethorpe?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Jul 2012 12:30:18 BDT
maywords says:
Much as I love Snake Wolfbane, for me the real star of the book is Mablethorpe. I've never been to the real town of Mablethorpe - and I now think the reality would be a let-down. Just as Ellroy's Los Angeles is the central character at the heart of his stories, so Mablethorpe represents an entire moral universe.

Posted on 25 Jul 2012 15:55:53 BDT
BP PERRY says:
I hadn't really thought about this, maywords. I originally planned for Snake to be the star, but after reading this you're probably right - it's Mablethorpe. I might get rid of Snake altogether in the next one and get Mablethorpe to solve all the crimes that happen in itself. Is this existential? Sorry, I never finished school because of my feet.

*points at these feet*

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 08:08:34 BDT
The star is clearly the Lagonda, driven on the edge of control, towards school children.

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 11:04:01 BDT
For my money, Doris is the real star of this collection. She's the moral heart of The Mablethorpe Connection. The moral, deaf heart.

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 00:36:49 BDT
freesia says:
Snake wolfbane is THE star. Mablethorpe could be anywhere!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  25 Jul 2012
Latest post:  5 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about