Who Were the Beatles? (Who Was...? (Paperback)) Paperback – 5 Jan 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Experience an introduction from the Resident Director, a Q&A session with the cast, and a special memento -- buy tickets
About the Author
Geoff Edgers, is a reporter at The Boston Globe and lives in Arlington, Massachusetts. He is the author of"Who Was Elvis Presley?"and co-author of"Who Was Julia Child?""
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book provides a plethora of information about each Beatle's boyhood; the inception of the band; the meteoric rise of the world's greatest band and their ultimate parting of company.
The drawings are just delightful and my favorites were of young George Harrison and another of Olivia and George with their young Beatle coiffed son, Dhani. I just love it!
Beatle fans will catch a picture of Paul writing with his right hand on page 14; since Paul was left handed, the pen would have been in his left hand. Another picture that jumps out at fans is on page 60. George is drawn playing his famous lead with his left hand and Paul is drawn playing his Hofner bass with his right hand. That would not have happened - Paul was the only left handed guitarist in the Beatles.
Wonderful for all ages and just the right gift for that young Beatle fan. No doubt it will be a treasured possession. I just love it! This is a book I would happily give to young readers. They, too will endorse it with a hearty YEAH,YEAH, YEAH!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Children's & Young Adult
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Rock & Pop
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Teaching & Learning
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > General Knowledge & Trivia
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > Music
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Television