Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 February 2014
I am the mother of four adopted African children and always looking for good role models for them. Since it is hard to find books for children in Spanish about black people that have done great things I buy them in UK. This is a great collection of books with some black people that have an impressive life full of courage and hard work. Far from the mostly bad role model presented on TV shows. It gives my children a great push to be who they want to be.
There are a lot of books in Spanish abut adoption, children's stories about multiculturalism, etc... But I just wanted biographies of real black heroes!
on 4 November 2014
I love this whole series they make history simple & understandable to young children even with the tough issues it is covering.
on 29 March 2016
Bought for my daughter's Year 5 project. Well written, well set out, easy to understand and quick to read. Ideal for a 10 year old, but suitable for around 8-14yrs.
on 19 July 2015
My son is mixed and I really want him to learn about his culture. It's a great book, easy to read, great for children - my son loves reading it. Very informative.
on 15 August 2014
Excellent value for money ... my year 5 pupils will enjoy reading this.
on 21 March 2015
These books are fantastic and well written.
on 9 August 2015
Good read for my 8 yr old daughter
on 19 September 2015
This book should not be read if you don't know the story don't read it is not good take the advice please
on 20 July 2016