- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Who Made God?: And Answers to Over 100 Other Tough Questions of Faith Paperback – 8 Sep 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
In the quest for the truth, you need to know what you believe and why you believe it. Who Made God? offers accessible answers to over 100 commonly asked apologetic questions. Bringing together the best in evangelical apologists, this guide is standard equipment for Christians who want to understand and talk about their faith intelligently. Part one answers tough questions about the Christian faith such as: * Who made God? * How can there be three persons in one God? * What is God's ultimate purpose in allowing evil? * Where did the universe come from? * How long are the days of creation in Genesis? * Did Jesus rise from the dead? * Are the records of Jesus' life reliable? * Does the Bible have errors in it? Part two answers tough questions about other faiths, including Islam, Mormonism, Hinduism, Transcendental Meditation, Yoga, Reincarnation, Buddhism, and Black Islam. Relevant stories, questions for reflection and discussion, and a comprehensive list of suggested resources help you dig deeper so you can be prepared to give careful answers that explain the reasons for your faith.
About the Author
Ravi Zacharias is President and Founder of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM). Their global outreach grew from humble roots in 1984 and includes fielding a team of itinerant speakers who operate from offices located around the world including the U.S., the UK, Romania, the Middle East, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Canada. The Hallmark of Ravi's heart is his strong evangelistic and apologetic that manifests itself from a position of compassion.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
A minor quibble is that the question-and-answer format tends to either leave gaps or cause overlaps in the material provided. Also, those interested in deeper and more thorough-going discussions of the questioned handled in the book (see the synopsis above) might find the need to look elsewhere.
In most cases, the answer starts by clarifying the question, which helps to make it clear exactly what question is being answered. The answer/explanation is then covered in some detail, but all the while remaining easy to understand, even for someone with little knowledge of theology. There will be some Christians for whom their own beliefs don't match the answers in this book - for example that evidence for the Big Bang supports the existence of a Creator God.
What I found was that often the book didn't quite go far enough - questions raised by the answers themselves often go unanswered. On the whole, the worldview presented by this book is internally consistent (which is a start) and easy to understand, but when I started looking more closely, I could still see cracks. However, the book served the purpose I had bought it for - to understand why others believe.
This book is aimed at Christians who want to be able to answer questions asked by non-believers. For that use, I do recommend it - but with a few notes of caution:
- Firstly, be wary of some of the scientific details covered in the "Science" chapter. If you engage an informed non-believer in debate without further reading on these topics you will come unstuck pretty quickly.
- If you use only the answers in this book, most intelligent people will come to understand your point of view but are unlikely to be converted to it. If this is all you are trying to do then this book is perfect for you. If ultimately you want to be making some more convincing arguments I believe you will need further study - but this book is a good place to start, not least because it gives you a good overview of what topics are likely to be covered in such debates.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews