Whitney Houston, The Deluxe Anniversary Edition CD+DVD, Deluxe Edition
|Price:||£5.49 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The 1985 arrival of Whitney Houston did even more than introduce a stunning young talent--it set the new standard for every young vocalist who has followed her since then, with great songs and Houston’s astonishing, flawless performances. Expanded with club remixes, official video clips and amazing television performances recorded during the album’s run (including 2 previously unreleased live performances–-one which has never been seen before), this Legacy Edition package is an essential reminder of how the world knew instantly, twenty-five years ago, that Whitney Houston would enter the first rank of entertainers, and stay there for good.
Top Customer Reviews
The remastering of this album is fantastic, bringing Whitney's brilliant voice louder into the mix. Every single track on this album is pure class and elegance, not a bad word can be said about them and this remains one of those few completely timeless albums from the 1980s. My only criticism would be that they didn't include any previously unreleased recordings Whitney made during this era, although listening to the rare extended mixes and alternate versions that finish off this disc is enjoyable too.
My personal favourites from this album except for the 4 big singles are "All At Once", "Someone For Me" and "Take Good Care Of My Heart" which should have been huge hits as well. It is almost a crime they were never heavily promoted as singles, they are that good.
This is simply my favourite soul/R&B album of all time, and you don't need to be a fan of soul/R&B to enjoy it either. This music has major crossover appeal and has the ability to reach and touch people almost no matter what type of music they are into.
I would recommend `Whitney Houston` to any serious pop music fan, with this album the legendary singer made music history and will always be remembered for her brilliance.
01. You Give Good Love - The song where Whitney Houston first made her mark on the billboard charts. This smooth-ballad with an urban vibe features some of her greatest vocal-runs, and was her first significant single-release, peaking at #03 on the Pop-chart and #01 on the RnB chart in 1985. It also earned her a nomination in the grammys for best RnB record of 85.
02. Thinking About You - A very urban, funky and retro dance/club song. It got a lot of radio airplay in 85, and did well on the RnB charts. Would fit in well on Houston's third album, more-urban/hiphop flavoured 'I'm Your Baby Tonight'.
03. Someone For Me - An uptempo 80's pop song, similar to 'How Will I Know' with a great baseline. Whitney's vocals are silky and understated. On the whole sounds a little dated today.
04. Saving All My Love For You - The showstopper on the album. The song that really launched Whitney as a star, with a jazzy melody and irrisistable chorus. Hit #01 on the top 100 in 85.
05. Nobody Loves Me Like You Do (featuring Jermaine Jackson) - The first duet of the album, a cover of a country staple, is a classic love/romance-duet in the same vain as 'Endless Love.
06. How Will I Know - 80's pop classic, another #01 and the first to get repeated airplay on MTV due to it's colourful music video. Gave Whitney a more youthful pop image, which would continue onto her second album with 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody'.
07.Read more ›
Having said all of that, the DVD features look great and it is definitely a welcome release and good value at the price I paid for it so just about 4 stars on balance. I hope that they give Whitney's next couple of albums a similar treatment but with improved sound if at all possible.
I Am Changing (performed at the Arista 15th Anniversary party 1983)
You Give Good Love (Live at Soul Train Awards 1986)
I am so looking forward to these as they are previously unreleased. We all know Whitney's voice was on fire during these years so I'm looking forward to cranking up the volume at home and watching these over and over!
Also can't wait to hear the remixes and read the letter Whitney has written to her fans in the booklet.
What a great way to start the new year :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Whitney Houston has suddenly passed away at the tender age of 48. She has led a tumultuous life, with drug abuse, resulting in the ultimate sacrifice: the loss of her golden voice... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Dr. Joseph Lee
case smashed cd covered in some sticky substance will have to clean up not goodPublished 10 months ago by paul