on 2 December 2010
I wasn't sure if there was still enough material to poke fun at how white people feel they are individuals. By the way- I was so wrong. This book is hilarious. Picked up right where the last one left off and even better went regional. The cherry on top of this Sunday is that it really does translate well internationally. So, all the Brits that I made read it love that it sharply helps them continue to laugh at themselves!
on 25 January 2016
Brilliant observational social anthropology. I write these words as I nibble my sourdough toast and vegan sausage, and prepare to volunteer for an anti-war organisation... As someone in East London said, "It's weird being surrounded by the same person. And they give street parties and don't invite us." He even namechecks Broadway Market! How will it change as it becomes more middle-aged? Of course my studio is just round the corner...