6th October - all over the world people black out for 2 minutes 17 seconds. 20,000,000 perish. Most of those who recover have had vivid images of themselves at 10.00 on 29th April. Others saw nothing. Does this mean there is no future for them?

This major series contains much to intrigue. Can free will alter what seems pre-ordained? A mosaic of global prophecies is compiled, all the better to understand what exactly lies ahead. Frantic investigations strive to determine what happened and why. Can a devastating recurrence be averted?

22 dramatic episodes (British stars prominently involved). Visually spectacular, carnage particularly well staged. Many characters to care about. Can FBI's Demetris avoid his forecast demise? What of likeable Dr. Bryce Varley and his terminal cancer?

Joseph Fiennes impresses as FBI's Mark. His flashforward concerns his own findings which may have become too revealing, he thus a target for ruthless assassins. Jack Davenport makes impact as the scientist whose autistic son young Dylan has an unexpected part to play. Some may find the enigmatic Simon less convincing - a regret when this is such a key role.

Genuine surprises are many, as are the shocks - not least when a popular character so devastatingly proves one CAN alter the future.

Sadly one future cannot be changed - a second season denied for a series so deserving another. At least this great boxed set can be enjoyed with its commentaries and extras - a fine souvenir.

Recommended.
I began watching this on Amazon Prime but the picture quality was rubbish (as it is on so much on their downloads - they really need to sort that out and get as good as Netflix). But I was enjoying the first two episodes so much - I figured 6 discs on DVD for less than six quid - that's a deal. So I bought it. And it is.

The DVD picture quality is superb - incredibly clear - tons of detail - big production values. The shocks and reveals keep coming at you - episode after clever episode. A little like the unfolding many-layered plot of "Lost" (it even uses Lost's Dominic Monaghan in episodes) - "FlashForward" is a fabulous American TV Show with a massive and talented ensemble cast (especially Brian F. O'Byrne - Ireland's answer to Eddie Marsan).

There's a long history of great TV shows cancelled in their prime - "Boss", "Luck" "Mercy", "Dirty Sexy Money". Invest in this - a stunning bargain - and in these days of over-advertised Sky Fodder - a series you probably haven't seen and need to. The only real shame for me is that "FlashForward" is not yet on BLU RAY where it should be - and would truly shine...
on 13 January 2014
Ok, so at the end of this we'll never know what the writers planned to happen in part two as the idiot TV company scrapped it (I am being excessively polite)! I considered reading the book but reviews say it is nothing like the series so it is all down to the observer to imagine the ultimate outcome.
The world passes out for two minutes & seventeen seconds & everyone gets a glimpse of their life in the future, not all of it good! The race is on to work out how & why & to live with, or fight against, the knowledge of what is to happen. Joseph Fiennes is brilliant as Agent Mark Benford, trying to tackle his many demons whilst acting as support for his partner Demitri Noh (John Cho) who saw nothing, & fight to save his marriage after his wife sees herself with another man, the very man he needs to collaborate with to try & solve the mystery, If you have the imagination to end this amazing story go for it. If you don't . . . try it anyway!
on 27 May 2012
This show is fantastic!! I bought it on a bit of a random impulse as the price was cheap and we had run out of things to watch and I am so glad I did! The show is imaginative, original, touching, entertaining and very clever. The acting is generally good, with one or two exceptions of course, the special effects are brilliant, and the story is enthralling and keeps you guessing all the way.

I cant recommend this highly enough - absolutely worth watching. The only negative point I have is that they have apparently only made one season, which I only discovered when racing back on here after watching the first six episodes in a single sitting to order season two. I cant understand why a show this great would possibly be cancelled, while other boring, repetitive and badly acted shows drag on into infinity. Very depressing to say the least!

Still, even though it does end very suddenly and leaves a lot of questions which sadly may never be answered, this was such a great show I have no regrets about getting hooked on it. Order it now!
on 10 October 2013
When this series first came to the screen, I was amazed and gripped by the storyline. Each week I would look forward to watching it on t.v. and all of a sudden it just suddenly stopped. The storyline came to a weird ending. i waitied and waited week after week for it to come back.

I had been searching for this everywhere, and when I finally remembered what it was called, I came on here and ordered the complete dvd set. Am more than pleased. It has my 5star rating without a doubt.

Excellent delivery service.

Thank you.
on 15 May 2012
It seems a lot of series that I like get cancelled after just one season, and it is definitely the same with Flashforward.

I'll admit I haven't read the book, but on its own the series is brilliant - Joseph Fiennes does a great job in a fairly complex character, as do all the other stars. The plot is incredibly interesting - every episode keeps you guessing and wanting more.

I followed the series when it first aired, I bought this so my family could watch it too. They all thoroughly enjoyed it, just share my frustration in the final episode - it is a brilliant climax to the series, but ends on a cliffhanger that can never be answered since its cancellation.

I would still highly recommend it however - on its own it stands incredibly well, the plot is amazing and it is, to date, one of my favourite TV series ever to air.
on 21 April 2017
Mostly interesting. I feel there are a number of paradoxical questions, but the action is well enough paced as not to detract from it.
on 26 September 2016
Amazing series!! Too bad they didn't make season 2.
on 4 February 2014
Why this was cancelled, I will never know, its well thought out, and presented, if you like this type of show, I would recommend you watch this one.
on 11 April 2017
I am renting it from Lovefilm but they didn't send me the 6th disk. Does anyone know if there's episodes on it or is it just extras?
I've also signed the petition to have a season 2 made!
Thanks,