Customer reviews

The White Mists of Power
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 July 2009
I love fantasy but I loathe derivative fantasy that reads like a reworking of Lord of the Rings. Thankfully this book is nothing like a reworking of Lord of the Rings. This is a fresh and original novel, with a delicious twist.

The world is rich and intersting, the characters are well drawn and intriguing. The adventure is fast paced and draws the reader into the book. I loved it - one of my favourite fantasy books.

It is hard to accurately detail the story without giving away some of the plot twist. Nevertheless ithis was an original story. Elves get a small mention but not Tolkien elves. there is a prophecy and some political intrigue and a power struggle, but mostly this is a book about the characters you find - and those are interesting characters. I wish this book was more widely known.
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 2 March 2004
I love this book. I've read many different quest stories and things of that kind, but this one had me hooked. The main character, the boy who didn't know who his father was, was very compelling. The best bit is the mystery surrounding his father and who he eventually turns out to be. And the description at one point of this tapestry his mother works on is wonderful. All in all I really enjoyed it.
|0Comment|Report abuse