on 8 July 2012
Snow White Blood Red is part one in a set or prequels to the Grimm Diaries. The story is told in the Queens point of view in the form of a diary to Wilhelm Carl Grimm. From her point of view we get to see how the fairy tale of Snow White has been twisted and changed so that the queen herself is no longer truthfully represented.

We follow the story from the birth of Snow White till the end result with an surprising twist to the story which I loved. I haven't read traditional fairy tales for a long time, but when reading Snow White Blood Red it all came back to me on how it was told, so getting to look at it from another perspective was a refreshing change. I found myself enjoying Snow White Blood Red and once it was over I needed to know what happened next, so I got hold of the next books free from amazon kindle.

The book is only about 22 pages long on my ipad so it is a quick read, but it has so much packed into a small package it doesn't actually feel like its quick. Cameron has added his own little twist to the fairy tales that we all know and love and I already can't wait for The Grimm Diaries to be released.

**I obtained a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review**
on 29 June 2012
(Source: Downloaded for free on Amazon.)
This prequel story is written as a diary entry/ letter written to Wilhelm Grimm, by the Evil Queen - Snow White's mother. In the letter she berates him for changing the true nature of the Grimm's fairy tales, explaining how they were changed to hide the fact that the fairytale characters were actually immortals living among us, and tells him how as a child Snow White would bite people and drink their blood!
Now the Evil Queen has killed Jacob Grimm, and she is searching for the `lost seven' - Snow White's friends, and believes that Peter Pan knows where they are.

This is an interesting prequel story. Written from the evil queen's perspective it gives us an insight into the world in which the main story will take place, and sets the scene for a dark fairytale retelling, in which Snow White is more vampire than princess, and the Evil Queen is only trying to stop Snow White from hurting others.
There is a lot of information in this book, and I had a hard time keeping up with it in places. I liked the world and ideas that were touched upon, although I've got no clue how Peter Pan and Neverland come into things as I don't remember those ever being associated with Grimms fairy tales!
This prequel certainly sets an interesting scene for the main book though, and is worth reading if you can download it for free.
8 out of 10.
Beauty Never Dies ( A Grimm Diaries Prequel #3 ) ( YA Paranormal ) This book contains all 3 prequels for one price!
on 17 July 2016
This is told from the Queen's point of view. It's a good idea, and to be fair probably deserved four stars. But it is very short and there were too many typing errors. It would have benefitted from being proof-read.
But I did enjoy the story.
on 8 April 2014
I think this is possibly my favourite of the lot as we get to see a different side to Peter Pan, this story follows him on his quest to help the one he loves - Sleeping Beauty - awaken again. This story is probably also the funniest of the lot as we get to meet Dracula too who isn't exactly the fearing Vampire we all know and love. We also meet The Evil Queen yet again and she helps to bring another mystery to the table - who are the chosen seven and what does she need them for and what could they mean for the future of their world - as she tries to get help from Peter about who they could be.
I like the idea of this story but I didn't get on with the writing style. The phrasing is awkward and clunky and I kept having to re-read bits to try and make sense of them. This could be partly down to bad editing (there were definitely some words missing and extra words added in places) but it meant the story struggled to hold my attention. What should have been a quick 10 minute read took a lot longer & I very nearly gave up before the end.

I'll probably try the next novella since the copy I downloaded from amazon contains the first 4 prequels but unless there is a big improvement on this one I doubt I'll get any further than that. As it is I'm happy I downloaded this when it was a kindle freebie because I'd be cross if I'd wasted money on it.
on 9 July 2012
I'm sorry to say that while this is in interesting take on the Snow White tale, and told by the 'Evil Queen' it's delivery was absolutely shocking. I have never read a book with so many mistakes in it before. This reads as a very very rough draft and yet apparently I have downloaded the "updated and edited" version. Whoever edited this book needs to go back to school. Stupid mistakes were left in that even a five year old would spot. From run on sentences to words being missed out, not to mention the sentences being written out of plonk.

Interesting take - poorly/annoyingly written and presented, so much so, I probably won't read any more in this series.
on 16 September 2012
Well seeing as I love fairytales I took the chance on Cameron's new book. Yes there was errors, but when the book was free how could I complain. I am not here to bitch about mistakes or to dribble on, but to say that this book is really good. I just loved he different take on Snow White and how The evil queen told her story. I have read all the prequels, but this one was my fav. Would i recommend it.. Ofc!
on 16 December 2012
I didn't realise this book was a short story when I brought it and all it did was make me want more
on 25 February 2016