on 25 October 2014
Looks the part, but was difficult to get a loud sound of of. I've since bought a slightly more expensive one that sounds better. This one is OK, but that's all it is. I've been told that the gap between the pipe bit and the hole in the ball is critical. Perhaps it isn't set up optimally on this whistle.
on 6 August 2014
Product arrived on time and the pa imaging was adequate. Feels a bit 'tinny'. Some instructions would have been helpful as I gave it to a friend who has just bought a boat on the Broads. But neither of us knew how to blow it!
on 21 December 2013
The item arrived on time even though I live in Italy and ordered in the UK. Am very happy about this as it was a Christmas gift.
The item was well packaged and met the expectations I had.
on 6 May 2015
What a load of rubbish, cheap and tacky. Flimsy construction - the keel of the call is about .5mm thick and bends easily - You get what you pay for, As an Ex- Royal Navy Signalman I prided myself on my piping skills, but this defeated me, couldn't switch between tones, and cut my tongue on the end piece doing a trill.,the only decent thing about this was the chain, If you want something to hang on a wall its great....but dont buy this if you want to use it !!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2014
This purchase was a big disappointment . The sound produced was very, very weak and could not be heard from a few feet away ,let alone 'over a high wind' as advertised !!
My son's Sea Cadets Station Officer told him it was just a 'dress' whistle and not a working one.
Don't recommend buying this if you're looking for a working Bosun's whistle
on 28 December 2013
..........She loved it so much that she took it to proudly show it off to her Granny when we visited her on Christmas Day - safe in the knowledge that Granny would coo over such an unusual present - reminiscing about the old days whilst examining it under the special magnifying glass that her Dad had so thoughtfully purchased for Granny in mid-November , way before most people had even considered Christmas, such a useful practical magnifying glass.........which unfortunately to this day (and I know the Christmas post is slow, and the Royal Mail has just been privatised but, COME ON!) still has not turned up, neither have I been refunded for it nor has anyone responded to any of my emails...............but Granny thought a whistling necklace a real novelty - nice one.
on 16 May 2013
I bough this as my father used one during the last war, and while he was running a
seacadets group.
My husband is now trying to get it to work, well he needs a bit of practise.
on 18 May 2016
Call not what it should be. Hole in bouy ragged end of keel misshapen and chain broke on first carry. Very hard blow to get a sound. Disappointed.
on 16 October 2014
this was a fun 50th birthday gift for a friend who loves messing about on the water, It served its purpose and was the unexpected gift of the day
on 6 June 2015
Complete waste of money. In my R N service I have piped "Hands to Dinner" countless times. With this thing I got not the faintest peeep.