Whispers and Wildflowers Paperback – 5 Feb 2019
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Her words felt like a cool glass of water on a scorching hot day, like an invitation to come away and rest for a while. You can't read through these pages and feel stressed at the same time. She writes beautifully, lyrically, and biblically. If you've been running too fast for too long, or if you want to avoid the rat race altogether, give yourself some time to rest, be refreshed, and soak in the wisdom God has imparted to Sarah. This is a beautiful book.' --Susie Larson, show host, author, national speaker
'A thirty-day retreat sounds impossible for the modern woman. Sarah Beth Marr knows this, yet she has created a tool to usher today's woman into daily retreat by making space to absorb Scripture and encounter God. Using images from the garden, Whispers and Wildflowers helps readers pause and reflect on how God is at work. This is a book about noticing both the quiet whispers and the flowers found in desolate places . . . the wildflowers.' --Alexandra Kuykendall, author of Loving My Actual Life; cohost of The Open Door Sisterhood podcast
From the Back Cover
"If you've been running too fast for too long, give yourself some time to rest, be refreshed, and soak in the wisdom God has imparted to Sarah."--Susie Larson, show host, author, national speakerDo you feel constantly busy but, deep down, constantly soul-weary? In this inspiring and practical book, Sarah Beth Marr helps you develop a regular practice of withdrawing from busyness to realign and refresh your heart, mind, and soul. She helps you - discover Scripture that will lead you to peace
- connect with God on a deeper level
- run to God rather than to other things that do not satisfy
- experience less stress and more contentment
- be fully present in your life If you feel distracted, burnt out, depleted, or overwhelmed, let Sarah Beth be your gentle and uplifting guide to greater personal peace and simplicity. Sarah Beth Marr is the author of Dreaming with God and danced professionally for more than fifteen years as a ballerina. She now encourages women in the dance of life and faith through her writing, speaking at MOPS International groups and women's events, and teaching the Word. She and her husband, Brian, have three sons and live in Dallas, Texas. Learn more at www.sarahbethmarr.com. See all Product description
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One important thing Sarah points out is that healing and rejuvenation take time. Let it come slowly but surely.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I received a copy from the publisher. I was in no way required to write a positive review. All thoughts are my own.
This devotional encourages you to take a break from something that is crowding you, so you can turn from that and instead to God more. Of course, we can’t take a break from certain things, but something that is causing stress or taking our attention away from what matters, may be what is needed for such a time. It could be something on your calendar, social media, etc… As she says there is nothing bad about our work, phones, social media, calendars, but sometimes those things cause us to miss out one the peace, joy and time with God. God is the One who does the transforming in our hearts, and He will be the One to fill you with His joy as you seek His presence and trust Him with your life. That is coming from a part of one of her daily devotionals. Included with the daily devotional is Scripture to meditate on, and questions to challenge you in growing in your faith. These will take you about 15 minutes or more a day. Not something to rush through but to really sit with, pray, and to live out.