Customer reviews

Whiskey Sour: Volume 2 (Addison Holmes)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2016
Having read & enjoyed book 1 about a year ago, I was very pleased to get this free on Amazon recently. I really enjoyed this book too - with an interesting storyline, characters I could relate to, laugh out moments and witty conversation. There was some great chemistry & sexual tension between Addison, Dempsey and Savage and I kept changing who I was rooting for! The characters came across as people I'd like as friends. Have now bought book 3 so I can continue the adventure. Definitely recommend as a book to put you in a good mood & a smile on your face 😃
on 30 August 2013
I just reviewed All About Eve also by Liliana Hart. My comments for that will suffice as a review for this offering also, and indeed for Whiskey Rebellion - so I will paste below. If they were terrible books, I wouldn't have read so many of them, but it says more about my mood at the time than it does about the books. I wanted something light and frothy, and Liliana Hart's books fit the bill perfectly.

"I think we all know where this is going to go from the synopsis. We're not wrong, but it was a fun journey getting there. Deep and meaningful it's not, but to be fair it's not pretending to be. A good, light holiday read".
on 10 March 2016
There is nothing I dislike about this series. Even the odd few editing mistakes can be forgiven , when the story is so captivating. A must read for all who like humour and a gripping story. Was easy to give full stars due to the fact i hardly put it down and can't wait to go read the third book.
on 9 October 2013
As I said in my headline it's like having another clumsy and yet endearing Bridget Jones who falls down on trying to be a stripper and a school teacher; so takes to spying for a private dective agency run by an old friend. Finds a gorgeous detective called Nick and has a mother like no other, and a large friend who keeps two enoromous dogs as pets.
It may not be the best detective story ever written but it is fun. Looking forwrd to reading the other two books by this author in this series.
on 5 June 2016
I didn't like the way things have ended between Nick and our girl. They're like, perfect for each other and I waited two books for it to go kaput because your both so annoyingly stubborn! If she gets with Savage I might end up disappointed.
on 26 October 2016
I'm addicted to these Addison Holmes books. They are the best I have read in a long, long time, the characters and plots are brilliantly funny and before you know it you have come to the end of the book.
on 14 December 2013
i enjoyed the second installment of this series there were all emotions when i was reading the book from being annoyed to disliking a charater and heart ache when nick walks away from addison in hospital coz they should end up together as they make a perfect couple and savage just messes everything up

i was gripped from the start and the book was another page turner that i couldn't put the book down
on 1 November 2013
Love this series. Addison is a real woman (ie someone who drinks more than they should and has an unhealthy obsession with ice cream!), the plots are cleverly written and the relationships between the characters are well developed.
Ok, so it's not booker nomination material, but if you're looking for a light-hearted read, then this is the one for you, but I do recommend reading them in order!
on 18 October 2013
I got the first book for free and loved it so much I had to buy the next two. This series is just great. Addison Holmes was a real funny character. I couldn't quite believe how clumsy and unlucky one person can be - this brought me some real laugh out loud moments (and I don't laugh out loud whilst reading very often - mainly just a smile at most!!). I enjoyed the chase, the romance and the immense sexual tension between Addison, Detective Dempsey and Agent Savage. I was hooked on the will they won't they and one moment I was rooting for Dempsey and then the other, Savage!! I want my own Detective Dempsy please!!!!!!!!!! The only downside to this series of books was the ending - I wanted more! I want to keep reading about the characters and want to know what happens next. I want to know if Addison finally gets to become Private Detective. I want another book please Liliana Hart :D Excellent read.
on 8 April 2014
I have read the first one in the series so could not wait to read this one.
It was as good as the first one if not better.
I am going to move on to the next one now.
I would recommend this book to everyone. I love Liliana Hart books