Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Sep 2009, 23:23:01 BST
I recently bought a garmain forerunner 205 and went running with a friend who had a chip in her trainers and an i pod.Mine measured 5.9 miles and her was 7.4.Whose is likely to be the most accurate?

Posted on 26 Feb 2010, 12:21:44 GMT
As far as I know, there have been many complaints about the unreliability, connection problems and accuracy on the Nike+ iPod system.

Posted on 13 Apr 2010, 21:26:42 BST
The one that's been calibrated correctly.

Posted on 30 Apr 2010, 19:09:53 BST
P. Harrison says:
I regularly use the Nike+ IPOD - I needed to calibrate it early on against set distances but now its pretty spot on and consistent. It would be worth testing them both out against a fixed distance and see what you get.

Posted on 16 Feb 2011, 00:30:41 GMT
giuliop says:
Yours. The Nike + iPod system can only give you a rough estimate of the distance you've covered.

Posted on 22 May 2011, 17:56:13 BST
The Garmin uses GPS so is telling you what distance you've covered to a very high degree of accuracy with no need to ever calibrate it. The Nike system tries to count paces and multiplies by whatever you tell it is your average pace length. This can only ever be an estimate and will be more or less accurate depending on whether you calibrate it well, how close to a fixed pace you stick when running, how easy your gait is to interpret as individual paces, ... Short answer is - the Garmin is always right, the Nike might be sometimes.

Posted on 10 Aug 2011, 09:19:21 BST
Ken says:
I have both and it's the Garmin every time. I calibrated my Nike+ kit at a running track and over longer set distances and as the previous posts state; if your pace/gait changes a lot over a run/route then the Nike+ can only approximate the distance covered. My last run the Nike system congratulated me on running my fastest 1/2 marathon, my Garmin correctly confirmed I'd ran an average 10 miler. The Nike+ GPS app for smart phones or Micoach are better but for me the Garmin is still the most accurate and best option!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  12 Sep 2009
Latest post:  10 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer