Format: Paperback|Change

I really enjoyed reading about the Campion family once again..another wonderful book telling us how the wonderful characters Annie Groves introduced us too in the first of the Campion novels "Daughters of Liverpool" this book was as wonderful as the other books in the same saga. (this is the 4th book in this series)
I would recommend for anyone that is considering reading this book to first read the other books as the history of the family and other characters that is told in them helps you enjoy "where the heart is" even more. As it will help you understand the relationship of all the characters and why they are behaving the way they are in this book, such as why Kate has left Liverpool a place where she was so happy and now living in London though she is happy in London I still believe through reading the novel, Kate still has Luke and his family and Liverpool still on her mind and pines for the loving and comfortable home of the Campions and their cosy yellow painted kitchen which is always loving remembered and talked about throughout the other novels, and a lot of the important decisions and discussions are taken place in this kitchen full of love and understanding.
I believe the last reviewer who only give 2 stars as her rating, for this book "Where the Heart is" was her first introduction to this family. She would have enjoyed the book so much more if she had read the first 3 books in the series and all those questions that she has the reviewer would have had answers that she needed. The most important question of what becomes of all the characters will not be answered until "When the Lights come on Again" is published.
Therefore, roll on now to "When the lights come on again" is published so we find out how the twins sort out their relationship? does Fran get her son back who is now known as Tommy? about Bella and Jan?
Thank you so much Ms Groves for another wonderful instalment in your Campion/Liverpool saga! the only thing is I hate it when the books are finished as I just want to keep reading more from Ms Groves.

Ps I have included in this preview the product links to the other books in the same series I hope this is of some help to other readers/customers.
The full list of the series are as follows.
1. Across the Mersey
2. Daughters of Liverpool
3. The Heart of the Family
4. Where the Heart Is
5. When the Lights Go On Again (Campion)
66 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 August 2014
Thorougly enjoyed these books it really doesn't matter if you read them out of order as she makes references to events which mean you understand the complexities of the relationships within and outside the family. If you enjoy romance and inter-relationships set in a war torn Britain then you will really enjoy this book
on 16 July 2014
I love reading about the Campion family, I feel that I know each one personally. The wonderful love they feel in being in such a family, they all care so much for each other. I can,t wait to read more about them.
on 22 September 2011
Anyone wanting to read this book, make sure you read the first three books in this series.It tells the story of a family and their friends and relatives during the war. It has several stories going on at once which is great reading and not confusing. But please do read the other books first then you will know all the family history.
on 23 November 2014
I have downloaded 4 out of the five books in this series but cannot find this one number 4 on my Kindle, why??? Don't really want to have to buy the paperback version. Have just started the third book, they are brilliant and can't put dependable. The story line is brilliant and if you enjoy WW 2 family sagas then these are for you. Just annoyed that I will miss out on no.4
on 14 June 2016
Love it. Such an easy but delightful read. I read through my lunch in the car away from my desk. I savour it and read to the last minute and try to finish a chapter when I can. Can't wait for the next one on my list. Minutes away x
on 6 March 2013
If you were brought up in Liverpool and you are of a certain age like my mum you will love the books by Annie Groves. My mum who I ordered this book for is hooked and I will continue to order the rest of the series.
on 23 March 2010
Wife is very fond of Annie Groves. Her view is that this is another good publication from the author and fits well into the series.
on 14 March 2015
I loved this book and the other 4 Campion books, to enjoy them to the full you should start with number 1, 'Across The Mersey'. I was 7/12 years old when Winston Churchill declared on radio that "We are now at war with Germany" I remember so much about the war, but on reading these books I found things I didn't know. I used to live in Ash Grove, near Picton Road, so I knew quite a lot about Wavertree and it had a delightful Park, they are very well written and I highly recommend them to anyone, especially those people who live in Liverpool. The description of the Campions' life, especially during the May blitz is so good.
on 24 February 2015
Just loved the story of the Campion Family and after reading the first in the series couldn't wait to read the others. The characters really captivated you and made you want to keep on reading. Annie Groves brings her characters to life and her books are highly recommended.