- Audio CD (12 April 2010)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Format: Double CD
- Label: Edsel
- ASIN: B003905M56
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | Vinyl | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (44 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 116,028 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Whenever You Need Somebody...Plus Double CD
|Price:||£17.21 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rick Astley burst onto the pop scene in the summer of 1987 with "Never Gonna
Give You Up", which stormed to # 1 in the UK and the US, selling a million
copies in the US alone, and finished 1987 as the UK's best selling single that
year. The album reached number 1 in the UK in November, while selling two
million copies in the US.
* Produced by the hit factory that was Stock, Aitken and Waterman, Astley's
baritone voice appealed to record buyers of all ages, underlined when he took
Nat `King' Cole's "When I Fall In Love" to # 2 for Christmas 1987. "Whenever
You Need Somebody" reached 3, whilst "Together Forever" peaked at # 2 in
the UK, but hit # 1 again in the US.
* Compiled by PWL consultant Tom Parker, this deluxe 2 CD release presents the rare extended 12" mixes and remixes and the non-album
b-sides, the majority of which appear on CD for the first time. There are four different remixes of "Never Gonna Give You Up" for starters,
as well as all five mixes of Rick's rare debut single "When You Gonna", which was credited to Rick and Lisa Fabien. All this adds up to over
150 minutes of Rick Astley!
* The booklet features full annotation by Tom Parker as well as the singles sleeves. With Pete Waterman announcing his intention to write
the UK's Eurovision entry, there is bound to be renewed interest in the PWL 80s classics!
Top Customer Reviews
The sound quality is phenomenal - no more will I have to listen to my vinyl rips cos at last ALL the 12" mixes are included as well as the original album on this 2 CD set. Have ordered the 2 Disc set of "Hold Me In Your Arms" already!
If you love all things S/A/W and want them in fantastic quality, get this before it goes out of print! I am positive these re-issues will be highly sought after in a few years to come! BRILLIANT!
Thank you Edsel Records for reissuing Rick Astley's music.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is what started Rick off and it's great to have this in my collection again. Happy memories.Published 15 days ago by Backrow
i have a lot of rick astley and its all brilliant and bought from yourselvesPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer