on 12 February 2016
I brought this as a gift for a friends daughter, but of course had a peek through it first. My Snowman book as a child had no writing in it, and although now as an adult I can appreciate the artwork a lot more, I didn't get it as a child - I flicked through it quickly, not taking in the pictures, as I new the film and could 'see' it happening as I flicked through.
This book is set out with the drawings, but also a narration style text at the bottom section of each page.
My friend was also surprised to see the text on each page, and thought it was great.

I can't comment on the CD, as I didn't take it out, but it seems to have a version that 'pings' when it's time to turn the page, which I remember from listen to these types of CD/Books when I was young.
on 4 January 2013
This was my first ebook purchase and downloaded eagerly to my Nexus 7 via the Kindle App on 29 December 2012. The book is lovely, beautiful illustrations although a couple of typos (as another reviewer has already noted). Personally I wasn't too bothered about the lack of audio, Little One and I were content to look at the book together, enjoy the story and pictures and learn the names of the little boy and his dog, though I presume once the issues have beens sorted with the publisher I will be presented with an updated audio version to download.

However, Little One is keen to receive a "proper" book so no doubt will purchase same when it is released - not sure what the delay is as clearly such a book exists for it to have been scanned into the ebook format.

I think that Raymond Briggs can be very proud of the authors / illustators who put this book and the film together.
on 20 January 2018
Bought as a gift for friends’s 17 month old - what to say as everyone must know the story already? was reportedly really happy with it and the little snowdog teddy made it nicer as a gift than just a book.
on 17 December 2016
A lovely story, so beautifully told, and with beautiful illustrations. The cd will be heavily listened to on car journeys. A great present for anyone who loves The Snowman and especially those who have a boy and a dog.
on 28 October 2013
I loved this when it came out last Christmas and have been awaiting merchandise. The book and toy were smaller than i expected but still lovely. Do watch the price as i found this for half the price in a supermarket after I had already ordered this.
on 29 August 2017
Good - thank you.

RWW
on 11 March 2014
What an adorable little Snowdog and storybook. He is in a lovely plush fabric so perfect for little ones ( and big ones) to cuddle. The Snowman and Snowdog book is just the right size for children to hold. What a lovely story and toy to hold while watching the DVD. My three Granddaughters love the Snowman and now the Snowdog stories and cuddly toys. If I sound like I am a fan too, it is true!
on 30 December 2012
I was totally enchanted by this story and as someone who cannot draw at all, found it absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. I have lost beloved pets over the years so the boys loss of his much loved dog struck a nerve, especially the scene where he and his mum are saying farewell in the garden under the tree, I was quite overcome and reduced to tears. I could watch this over and over again, so now have to find the DVD if there is one. The music was also very beautiful and very appropriate for such a lovely child's story.
on 30 December 2012
I do not usually buy ebooks but I had to have this one.
And I was not disappointed! Enchanting with beautiful illustrations , the snowman is truly magical. The story of Billy a lonely young boy who discovers a photograph of another young boy and a snowman. inspired Billy creates his own snowman and a snowdog. After midnight the adventure begins! This story will bewitch young children and awake the inner child among adult readers.
on 8 December 2012
This is the original wordless classic version by Raymond Briggs. No Father Christmas, no North Pole. The flight through the snowy sky ends at Brighton Pier, looking out to sea, which I love. All the magic of the story has a beautiful counterpoint in the realism of the setting - the house, the garage, toast and marmalade for breakfast. My little boy enjoyed it and wasn't bothered by the differences from the film. Mind you, we both wanted to burst into 'Walking in the Air' at the moment when the snowman and the boy take off into the sky. He wanted me to talk him through the story, but I would much rather do this than read other versions where a very bland text is matched to pictures from the film.