Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 July 2010
Alan Burridge writes about murder with relish and obvious enjoyment, his characters live and breath - at least until they get bumped off! When The Clouds Have Passed is a real page turner with something happening pretty much on every page and bodies aplenty.

Living in the Dorset area myself I especially enjoyed the fact it was set in localities that I could recognise.
on 1 August 2010
Whilst I will save you from spoilers of this thoroughly delightful crime thriller suffice to say it is a top notch read with twists and turns and death aplenty. I really enjoyed the pace of this novel, it pulls the reader in and allows you to become embroiled in all the machinations of a good page by page story. In my personal opinion this is the Burridge niche in writing, a vocation as it were in descriptive crime fiction using real locations and at times wholly close to the quick, edgy, blow by blow accounts coupled with believable characters. If you need a decent commuting or holiday book to read you will do worse than grabbing this little pot boiler.
on 6 June 2011
Alan Burridge really has a way with words and this tale of murderous goings-on in an English village setting had me hooked from the start.
Great characters, death-a-plenty and some nice twists. What more could you want from a 181-paged story?
on 28 August 2010
I was happy to receive the book and I also bought a copy for a friend. Since I'm familiar with Alans earlier work this is a must have, he really has the ability to deliver and this crime thriller not only raised the hair on my back, but could make an interesting movie as well. If you need something chilling, wicked, with lots of suspense and twists, then this book is for you.