When Matron Ruled Hardcover – 30 Apr 2002
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Peter Ardern was born and educated in Sheffield. He began his career in psychiatric nursing at Middlewood Hospital, Sheffield before completing his general nurse training at Barnsley. He moved to Portsmouth in 1969 and was promoted to charge nurse in 1971. Working as a counsellor for the elderly, he co-presented a bereavement video package. In 1994 he gained an MSc in social studies and won the Nursing Times's 'Nurse of the Year' award. Retiring in 1994 as a senior nurse after thirty years in the National Health Service, he studied for a PhD in health studies. Peter Ardern lives in Portsmouth with his wife, June, where they are involved in charity work for deaf children, and are researching a further book on nursing.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Medical
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Teaching & Learning
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Medicine
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Women in History
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Nursing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Nursing
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies