on 1 May 2015
God bless Tony Scott George. I don't know what it is about this dvd - the music is like a Casio keyboard demo, Tony Scott George is cringeworthy and the whole dvd has been done on a shoestring of a budget. But! My 9 month old LOVES this dvd. She's been watching it for about 3 months and never tires of it. She's trying to learn to crawl and will never sit still unless she is watching this DVD. It's magic!!! The only downside is that it isn't an hour long! You can press repeat though - a whole 30 minutes of baby free time!
on 23 November 2017
I have bought many of these DVDs, for my house for when the grandchildren visit and for their houses also. From young babies to older children they all love to sit and watch the children sing and dance and are mesmerized. It is lovely when they get up and join in the actions and songs. For a small stage school I think they do a great job and you can see how much fun they had making the DVDs.
on 5 September 2013
I bought this for when I have my grand daughter at my house. It was an instant success and I'm surprised the DVD player hasn't worn out. My 2 yr old grand daughter absolutely loves it and I think this is down to the characters (children and adult), locations and fun themes. I have another nursery rhymes DVD which is completely animated and although it has many of the same songs, she's not at all interested in it. On first watching, this DVD along with The Wheels on the Bus and Row your Boat was so well loved that at the end of the day when was time for my grand daughter to go home - the DVDs had to go home with her. I think her parents thought I'd played a cruel joke on them after they'd had to endure the DVDs for the umpteenth time.....but now, they like me have also become quite fond of the rather 'stage school' children and the very silly (almost cringe worthy) adult character...you grow to love them!!! :)
on 1 December 2014
If I could give four and half stars I would. This is a great DVD with good, traditional UK songs and my one year old granddaughter loves it but I have found some elements of it (with only one male presenter playing male and female 'panto-style' parts) rather too stereotypical and unappealing. But my granddaughter doesn't notice those elements I don't suppose. The children dancing and singing holds the attention of young children very well. I quite like that this is not a cartoon or computer generated graphics.
on 17 November 2012
I bought this for my twins (now 4) when they were 18 months old, along with its sister Row, Row Your Boat. If you can get past the very cheapness of the shoot (some of the scenes are a 'little' cheap and the costumes are pretty dreadful!!) and some of the dance routines where half of the children dancing/singing are looking the wrong way, then this is pure genius. My twin boys have always loved this, even before they loved The Wiggles - so I have to say, great effort to Tony who stars in the DVD, there's not much of this type of thing about and this one definitely has a certain cheeky quality (especially when he dresses up as 'Bev' on the bus - you just have to see it...!)
on 9 May 2014
My 22 month son loves this DVD and for that I have given it 5 stars. It's a it dated. Wouldn't surprise me if it was first released on video but it has a good selection of songs. He immediately took to it and will watch it over and over. It wasn't expensive. To be honest my husband and I find it a bit irritating but I suspect if we watched any nursery rhyme DVD as many times as we've watched this one then we would find that irritating too.
on 6 September 2015
Just perfect! This is the third CD on this collection that I buy and It is just perfect as the two other ones I bought precedently ("never smile at a crocodile" and "row the boat") children can not be passif in front of a CD but singing and dancing all the CD long...now all family (we are french) knows all songs!!
on 12 October 2015
First thoughts were a bit cheesey and old fashioned however my 10 month old loves this DVD. Good mixture of songs and my little one especially loves the kiddies that sing and dance theoughout DVD. Also have the twinkle little star one and will purchase more as perfect when you need to keep little ones entertained for a while :-)
on 17 October 2012
This DVD has been a fantastic hit for my 2 year old. I think some of the bad reviews are from people who don't have any imagination or sense of humour. The main man who sings is entertaining for the children and him dressing up in some of the songs is funny and so is the accent he uses in some songs, someone said its bordering on racism, no its not, it's just fun for the kids.

I think some parents just put it on and leave their very young kids alone to watch it and then criticise when they walk in and wonder why they don't get into it.

From the moment I put it on I stayed with my toddler and sang and danced with him and this interaction and enthusiasm encouraged my child to enjoy it and he now asks for me to put it on and sometimes he sings and dances to it with his other toddler cousins, they love it.

I will def be getting the row, row, row your boat.

I will agree with some of the comments that some of the kids in the DVD do sometimes look a bit stiff and don't look into it, yes they could had been more upbeat and danced more in some of the songs, but overall it's a good DVD and the main thing is my little one likes it and so do other toddlers who come over.
on 18 May 2017
My child is glued to this, it's cheesey and on the cheap but it works!