- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 148 KB
- Print Length: 19 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (20 Oct. 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005XSS8VC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #15,196 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What's New in Java 7 Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I only downloaded this as it was free (well listed as a £0.00 purchase) and I was pleasantly surprised.
However, the listing looses one star, for this is not actually the book "What's New In Java 7", rather its a teaser taster, a sachet, a hint, of the actual book to try and get to to buy the real thing, which is advertised and linked inside down purchase*. Because of this, I loose the one star, also the type setting within is not perfect, its also impossible on some e-readers (Kindles) to get to the links provided within, so you have to run it on a computer running the Kindle reader software to more easily access the information/source code downloads.
* I was also very surprised to see that the book downloaded in Kindle format from Amazon contained a link to the e-commerce pages of O'Reilly, surely this is undermining Amazon's sale of the actual electronic versions of the text? And the text as downloaded does contain subtle hints as to their (O'Reilly) being more diverse, able to offer DRM free and "other" versions of the ebook.
For some areas, there is not much detail, but for others, there are working examples with comparisons between Java 6 and Java 7 ways of writing very Java common patterns.
It was a good overview of the changes, to skim through on my Kindle.
Good read about an interesting topic, I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It gives a good outline of the new features in Java 7 and is a useful book to have around.Published on 10 Jan. 2014 by T. Moffitt
This book is very helpful it shows you exactly what is in the updated Java, would recommend it to anyone.Published on 4 July 2013 by wiggydave10
Gives a nice overview, wets your appetite to read more. Good idea to release as a free read on Kindle.Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by morissot