on 12 August 1999
This book was disappointing. I was expecting a Randolph Scott biography. What I got was a loving tribute to a father by his son. As C.H. Scott wrote, "This is an account of my relationship with my father, the thoughts we shared and the experiences I had with him." If I deleted Randolph Scott's name from the book, I could just as easily have been reading about my own father. The reader will learn little about Randolph Scott, other than he was a good father whose son loved/loves him.
on 13 August 2011
Nice to read a book which is not muckraking. A plain tale about a fairly ordinary man who happened to make great westerns, and in the process also managed to be a good husband and father. Long may he ride!
on 7 August 1998
Written by Randolph Scott's son, this book gives us an inside look at a truly wonderful man, his passions, his films, his devotion to his family, friends and his craft. If you're looking for a "Who Slept With Who," you won't find it here.