What was History?: The Art of History in Early Modern Europe Hardcover – 1 Mar 2007
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'What was History? exhibits all [Grafton's] customary virtues of wit, learning, and literary sprightliness.' The New York Review
One of the world's leading cultural historians explores the numerous treatises on how to read and write history that appeared throughout early modern Europe. What Was History? is based on the Trevelyan Lectures of 2005, and is a deliberate evocation of E. H. Carr's celebrated Trevelyan Lectures on What Is History?See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Historiography
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Theory & Methods
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy