Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

What to do about CITYLINK.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Sep 2012 21:04:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Sep 2012 21:13:21 BDT
Aeomer says:
Had a bad time with CityLink? If you ever had a CityLink delivery, it was late or damaged or both - very few exceptions (2%).
Yes, only 2% of CityLink deliveries happen on the contracted day without damage to the item.

My advice, make an order with Amazon but if you see a CityLink tracking number then immediately cancel the order. You can do this without all the 'printing a returns label to stick on an as yet undelivered item' issues by talking to Amazon direct - they will call your home or mobile so you won't get charged.

To get a customer service call from Amazon, login and then use the following URL: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Distance selling regulations say you can return an undamaged item no questions asked for up to seven working (10 actual) days. Give your stated reason for return as the delivery is by CityLink and you have had persistent problems with non-delivery and damaged goods, hence you want the order to be cancelled to save yourself a great deal of expected trouble.

If enough of us immediately cancel orders once we know it's CityLink then Amazon will get the message.

Amazon - thinking of removing this post? It's being watched by the BBC!! Oh the joy of Twitter.

Posted on 2 Oct 2012 19:19:17 BDT
Nicola says:
I have just had another run in with Citylink so will definitely do this!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2012 10:46:07 GMT
Michael says:
Thanks for this information. I paid extra for next day delivery. They said they could not deliver it, but they did not leave a card. So did they even try to deliver it? I have now cancelled my order as I cannot trust City Link to keep the next delivery promise.

I will buy the Golf Bag from someone who does not use City Link.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 19:31:50 GMT
A Shafiq says:
Don't trust the tracking information updated on City Link delivery status.
They provide FALSE information. They will say that they have attempted a delivery and a card is left to contact them, but it's not true.
I've canceled an order this last Monday. It was due as GUARANTEED delivery on Saturday, but it never arrived on Saturday. Then it didn't arrive on Monday either. I contacted Amazon, they probably follow the FALSE updates from City Link. They said an attempt was made, I wrote them to give me the time of this delivery attempt and I'll provide the CCTV images that no one came at my address. Well I was very upset and asked them to get their items back from City Link and issue me the full refund, which they did.

Posted on 5 Dec 2012 17:37:13 GMT
Mar says:
it's a wast of time posting on here thinking amazon will do anything about it, they are just as bad as city link, I've had nothing but false promises and lies about problems with deliveries,
i had 6 deliveries in one week and only one arrived on time, two are still missing, I have been told every time i complain it will be escalated and won't happen again, this has been going on well over a year now, so Amazon are just used as a last resort now, they really just don't care

Posted on 13 Dec 2012 19:01:39 GMT
Yana Shumova says:
City Link must be the most disgraceful company ever. They were supposed to deliver two parcels on 11th December. I was not home so they left a card saying they left my stuff at my neighbors'. My neighbor is an old lady who never answers the door unless her son is with her. When I finally managed to talk to her I was told she never received anything! The status of my orders is "delivered" and City Link keep saying the parcels are at my neighbors'. Could anybody tell me what I could do. I guess I'm not getting my money back. This is just ridiculous!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2012 14:56:02 GMT
R. Haylock says:
Neighbor in my experience with delivery companies can mean anybody within a two mile radius.

Posted on 5 Jan 2013 16:09:40 GMT
Ginger says:
I was waiting for an expensive ring to be delivered by Royal Mail 5 years ago and my husband had paid a lot for postage with insurance, it was late and we were quite concerned. Then while sorting through the recycling bin to put out we discovered the package, the postie had not bothered to ring the doorbell and had signed for the package before putting it in an almost full bin. Had that been emptied I would`ve had some job proving that I had not signed or received it. The same thing happened with an ipod my son was waiting for. I don`t think any of the delivery firms are reliable any more!

Posted on 14 Jan 2013 18:53:23 GMT
Steve says:
I spoke with my local trading standards office today in regard to both my missing parcel and the sheer number of similar complaints I found online. They suggested logging the complaint with the Citizens Advice Bureau (see the link below). If the problem is indeed as pervasive within City Link as it appears to be from online complaints forums, etc then I would imagine the issue would be looked into.

Link to lodge a consumer complaint with the Citizens Advice Bureau: https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

Posted on 18 Jun 2013 21:30:10 BDT
JsyMaxius67 says:
did you know that rentokil sold citylink for the pricey sum of £1,it was called there problem child so they sold it for that huge amount,says it all really eh.the info can be found on google.ive had nothing but problems with citylink and the few times i have had the misfortune to have goods sent via them they have been lost,or turned up 20 days late left downstairs in a public hallway with the boxes opened and bits missing.the leave them there as they would have had a piece of my mind if they had come to the door!!!!!e mail citylink and 20 mins later they send back an email that says this is the findings of our investigation and the link does not even work.useless beyond all belief!!!! if i have the misfortune to have these clowns handle any more of my goods that i have paid for with my hard earned cash i will bring criminal proceedings against citylink no matter how long it takes

Posted on 29 Jun 2013 20:49:14 BDT
JCF says:
Is everyone ok if I go to BBC Watchdog with this link as City Link needs to be reported for this unacceptable service?

Posted on 18 Aug 2013 11:32:45 BDT
P Tobin says:
City Link failed to deliver a parcel to me yesterday (tracking showed it as having arrived at their local depot at 06:09am)
No explanation from them (but their automated helpline said that they had received a "reschedule delivery request" - - - not from me they didn't!) and Amazon where totally useless at being able to do anything (did you know their chat-room advisors are not allowed to telephone the couriers? but can only send them emails?? Be aware of this - if in the chat-room and you are told they are contacting the courier - it is only an email! No help at all if the courier's office is closed for the weekend,,,,!)
I have made a formal complaint to Amazon.
I have sent the details to the Citizens Advice Bureau / Trading Standards Department.
I have sent a complaint direct to City Link.

If I am really lucky (don't laugh) my parcel might be delivered on Monday.....
I will "sign for it" with the comment "this is 2 days late"!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2013 23:43:31 BDT
jean59 says:
Definitely

Posted on 17 Oct 2013 07:52:23 BDT
Magnard says:
Amazon are using DPD now for at least some of their services. I've had regular updates from DPD and just had a link to a real time map showing exactly where the (named) driver is, how I'm drop number 3 and he's on drop number 1 right now and will be with me in fifteen minutes. This is how it should be - good for the end customer but also enabling Amazon to sniff out the sort of sharp practice, not to say downright lies, that are endemic in the culture of CityLink.

Posted on 23 Oct 2013 09:22:19 BDT
Colin says:
I receive approximately 50-60% of my Amazon orders via City-Link, maybe a little more. I have not had a problem with City-Link in 4.5 years at this address (Aberdeenshire)

I have had the same driver for that time and she has been excellent. But I have also had no problems when she has been off sick or on holiday and replaced by relief drivers. In fact on the last day or two before her holiday I see that a relief driver comes to make the deliveries, but the regular driver is in the van teaching them the round.

I have only had one occasion in that time to make a complaint to City-Link, when a heavy parcel (about 35 or 40kg, a fancy glass TV stand) was manifested as 20kg and loaded on the van. The driver could not lift it off the van. Luckily I was at home and could take it off for her. I received an apology from their management.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2013 09:23:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2013 11:09:50 BDT
Colin says:
I am somewhat surprised at the number of gushing posts about DPD - surprised because my own experience is very different. I am not saying that they are awful, but they have definitely given ME the worst service of any of the couriers that I regularly receive from ( City Link, Royal Mail, Parcelforce, Yodel, Hermes )

- I have never received any text messages from them regarding any delivery
- my recent deliveries have all taken longer than the service contracted (a "next day" delivery took 5 days, a "2 day" delivery took 4 days)
- I see that they do not update the online tracking over weekends or public bank holidays, but a couple of days tracking info might suddenly appear on a Monday morning (this is clearly not related merely to a local driver, this comes from the hubs and depots)
- in one case when a package was initially sent to a DPD depot in the wrong part of the country, when it was finally delivered, the tracking info was altered and the notes about the misdirection were removed to make it seem like a routine/successful delivery - even the "service level" was changed from "next day" (again, not down to a local driver)
- the customer service rep of a major online retailer told me a few weeks ago (when I was trying to chase up my next-day delivery) , that they often experience problems with DPD and have to refund the amount that people have paid for next-day delivery.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2013 18:18:25 GMT
deryl says:
Mr As Clarke,
Brilliant advice thank you, I will certainly take it. Words fail me when it comes to expressing my disgust with CityLink. Thank you

Posted on 20 Nov 2013 02:20:53 GMT
IJ says:
Wish I had read this post before I fell into the Citylink nightmare!!! It is great advice and I shall do exactly this next time I see their name pop up after I have placed an order (and then order the goods from somebody else).

I'm not going to endure their lies again. I don't understand why after hundreds of complaints, Amazon don't take any action... they must cost Amazon a fortune in unjustified delivery charges and stolen goods???

Posted on 9 Dec 2013 19:17:26 GMT
Eric Clark says:
In a word RUBBISH.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 21:28:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 21:29:19 GMT
Gent..... says:
To COLIN......
God You are very lucky...They are just a bunch of liars and dishonest people.They did even claimed that they tried to deliver at my address on the same time when I was complaining on the phone to amazon about them.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 20:16:01 GMT
Kindlehead says:
City link are a repulsive untrustworthy shower in my view. Let down again today by these useless fools. Amazon do the decent thing... Ditch the Dummies!

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 23:04:18 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Jan 2014 23:04:30 GMT]

Posted on 5 Mar 2014 12:09:23 GMT
Billy says:
Have now taken over from Yodel. Unprofessional managers means unprofessional staff. Thought they'd improved but have gone backwards again. We cannot risk sending our goods with them. Don't know what's happened. Post office/Parcelforce here we come.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  14 Sep 2012
Latest post:  5 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about