Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's

What do we have here - More DRM!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Sep 2010, 01:01:20 BST
Last edited by the author on 16 Sep 2010, 01:02:05 BST
D. Nguyen says:
What a disgrace! I was thinking about buying AC3 and they had gone with the Internet connection DRM S*t!!

For goodness sake! Put this game with Steam DRM! We love Steam....

This is going to be such a joke aswell....

Posted on 18 Sep 2010, 22:50:59 BST
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2010, 22:51:38 BST
D. Nguyen says:
If they continue down the road of DRM forcing always on Internet to play then I will NOT support them. I buy a game to play on my computer when & where I want. I like to vacation at places where there is no Internet but I still want to be able to play my games. Since they show no consideration for the paying customer, I will not support their efforts.

If they come up with some less draconian version of DRM (yes, DRM can be annoying, but sadly a hardcore group of thieves make it necessary) that allows me to play when & where I want, I will gladly support them.

Posted on 23 Sep 2010, 16:21:10 BST
Carrot_mop says:
I agree with the comments about Steam. I like Steam (although I do understand that some others have issues with it).

It really is a shame as I enjoyed AC2. Whilst this is only in effect an expansion pack I will not purchase anything with this version of the DRM (That includes certain apps from EA too).

For all the statements about how it will not effect gameplay, I had untold problems with AC2 upon release.

Here's hoping that they come to their senses.

Posted on 28 Sep 2010, 19:48:48 BST
Last edited by the author on 28 Sep 2010, 19:50:24 BST
Someone will eventually hack the DRM like they did last year with the sequel game. It happened about a month after the release. Of course you still had to register your game but people were able to play offline with no problems, which is great. But really, it shouldn't have to COME to this. The way it SHOULD be is that If you can PROVE your copy is genuine from your computer by providing the correct code that has only ever been used during your registeration, then you should be able to download a unique application that will allow you to play offline. There is NO NEED for a NON-ONLINE GAME to EVER be permanently connected to the net. It's the same with the other games like Civilisation 5 and the total war franchise. If you're playing campaign, then you shouldn't need it. How dare they try to tell people how to play.

Posted on 23 Nov 2010, 21:55:00 GMT
More DRM with a 4 month wait for ubisoft to spend as little money as possible on the pc version.

I wonder how many PC gamers own a console and now feel as though they won't buy the console version of this game...WAKE UP UBISOFT PC GAMERS ARE PEOPLE TOO.

I agree they should use the steam DRM. Steam is great I try and buy all my games on there now to keep them all in one place (also makes them easy to backup since they are all in one folder).

Posted on 16 Dec 2010, 19:06:20 GMT
I agree, if your paying your hard earned cash for a game you will spend night and day playing.....you should pick when and were you want to play the game!! i like steam and the off line mode but ive had problems with that tho at times and so have afew of my friends that pay stupid amounts for pc/ps3/xbox games. It should be left to paying gamer to have the last word but wile we bend over with our trousers down then we will get shaffted every time!! Lee

Posted on 2 Jan 2011, 21:46:48 GMT
S. Roberts says:
I thought brotherhood would be going without the 'permanent server connection' DRM after the obvious and resounding backlash to it from the entire gaming community (not to mention the fact it was as much an issue for pirates to hack as anything else). I have been wanting to play Assassin's Creed 2 and now this 3rd installment in the series but are completely unwilling to encourage this attitude to rights management. It's a real pity, ubisoft shooting themselves in the foot while symultaneously making a massive and expensive sub-game for the hacking community. The only logical conclusion I can draw from the scenario is that they want people to go out and buy a console to play their games.

Perhaps they should try and add positive reasons to having the online prescence much like Blizzard have done with starcraft 2 and WoW updates. Even steam offers these kind of community features. People don't seem to mind so much when the purpose of the connection is not purely for oppressive and maladjusted spying.

Here's hoping, against my naturally cynical state of mind, that the DRM won't make the cut when this is released. Some maths they can count on: I'll be buying game if the DRM is fixed.

Posted on 1 Feb 2011, 19:16:04 GMT
Alan Maxwell says:
Having spent a day not being able to play ACII because the Ubisoft website is down, I will stop waiting for Brotherhood to come out on PC and buy the (now discounted) Xbox version.

Posted on 22 Feb 2011, 20:48:27 GMT
Xiaolan Fu says:
Could someone please summarise what the Ubisoft DRM means for me please?

Posted on 23 Feb 2011, 09:17:49 GMT
Damien Byrne says:
Ubisoft has recently announced that Brotherhood will NOT have the 'Always-on' DRM. There is an initial log in when you first play the game, but afterwards, it will be playable offline in singleplayer.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/22/ac-brotherhood-murders-always-on-drm-stalks-pc-on-march-22/

Posted on 20 Nov 2011, 14:35:44 GMT
Boz says:
Was about to buy this but the online security has definitely put me right off bothering with it....thanks for letting us know...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  16 Sep 2010
Latest post:  20 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) by Ubisoft (Windows Vista / XP)
4.3 out of 5 stars (97)