Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

What is the best game for the wii?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Apr 2009, 10:35:36 BST
Caroline R says:
Hi nintendo wii gamers out there. Im wanting to buy a new game for my wii and i am wanting to know what you think is the best game? Please help me!

Posted on 10 Apr 2009, 14:46:18 BST
There are many, super smash bros brawl, super mario galaxy and The legend of zelda: Twilight princess, but also on the other hand if you hook it up online there are several good Wiiware games and VC games that you can download XD.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2009, 23:54:51 BST
Caroline R says:
How can you download games?

Posted on 11 Apr 2009, 20:26:33 BST
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2009, 00:29:10 BST
Set the wii online and go to the wii shop channel and there's an option to buy virtual console games or wiiware games, you'll have to buy points in order to get the games though.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2009, 23:10:18 BST
Caroline R says:
How much do the games cost to download?

Posted on 12 Apr 2009, 00:31:14 BST
They vary in points, NES games are the chepest which are 500 points then 800 for SNES and 1,000 points for N64 games, but some N64 games are 1,500 points, then again so are some wiiware games that's also 1,500 points. Wiiwares games range from 500 points to 1,500 points at the moment. You can wither buy a wii points ard from shops or buy them using your credit card on the wii shop channel, 1000 points cost £7.00, but the maximum amount of points you can store is 10,000 which is £70.00.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2009, 22:30:08 BST
Caroline R says:
Thanks think i am going to buy disaster: Day of crisis, which i believe is a very good game. Please let me know if you think otherwise. Thank you very much for all the help you have given me!

Posted on 13 Apr 2009, 00:21:50 BST
Are you under the age of 30 or more, just curious of you buying disaster: day of crisis :). still Get madworld too :P and super smash bros brawl. There's lot more too XD

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2009, 08:39:07 BST
T. Mullan says:
CoD World at War is an absolute cracker, and online is unbeatable! Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twighlight Princess are both superbly involving,entertaining games too..... they're all very cheap second hand from amazon aswell :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2009, 11:19:06 BST
Caroline R says:
yes am under 30 but did not enjoy super mario galaxy. Have also looked at buying super smash bros brawl but uncertain at this moment in time. Play on the wii regurlarly and i think that Call of duty:World at war is the best game for the wii!

Posted on 13 Apr 2009, 16:50:25 BST
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2009, 21:24:51 BST
Also get The Conduit when it comes out, and wii sports resort:) also if you like boxing games punchout that's coming this May I can reccomend. :)

Posted on 15 Apr 2009, 03:14:28 BST
Ant says:
Dead Rising: Chop To You Drop is a good game, much better than some reviews seem to suggest. It's fun to play.

Deadly Creatures isn't bad too, you play as a tarantula and scorpion fighting your way through the desert while listening to a human story unfold above you from two voices you hear speaking.

Posted on 29 Apr 2009, 18:59:26 BST
pity about super mario galaxy, i would recommend that to anyone!! Okami is awesome if your looking for a one player adventure, or Twilight princess. Mario Kart wii is also a must if you are going to play any multiplayer

Posted on 18 Jun 2009, 15:31:47 BST
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2009, 15:40:06 BST
Hillsy says:
Hands down, Super Mario Galaxy is the best Wii game by FAR. Everything else feels either like a Mini-game, cut-down version or a remake. Even the excellent Okami is a PS2 game. Twilight Princess a Gamecube game, Res4 a Gamecube game, Dead Rising cut-down without the camera, for goodness sake he's a photographer! Resident Evil Archives Gamecube game, then we have the New player Control games, the accessories.. Endless junk. If you want to experience the best in Wii, play Mario Galaxy. Probably the only reason to own a Wii at the moment, maybe punch out too if you haven't played it before. Deadly Creatures.... who really wants to play as a tarantula or a scorpion??? Oh and god forbid, two human voices in a Wii game... I wonder if we will ever hear Mario or Zelda actually speak, or have any dialogue other than It'saaa me Mario! Nintendo need to move things along or otherwise they will get bulldozed by the bigger companies. At the rate Nintendo are going we will still be playing the same Mario and Zelda games in 20 years time, with no noticable differences in technology.

Posted on 19 Jun 2009, 09:51:48 BST
L. Dawson says:
if you like shooters , definitely go for redsteel is is an amazing game

Posted on 4 Aug 2009, 13:14:06 BST
I am a first buyer and user of Wii. Could anyone please help me identify the correct accessories that I might need? We are a family of two adults and three kids under the age 10. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2009, 16:12:48 BST
M. Akhtar says:
The wii comes with a wii sports game and a remote with a nunchuk. If you want to play multiplayer, then you will need to buy another wii remote and a nunchuck. If you have rechargeable batteries in your remotes, you can buy a wii remote docking station to charge the batteries.

Posted on 17 Aug 2009, 20:14:09 BST
Arway says:
You must absolutely try World of Goo from the WiiWare download service! It's very puzzley and has delightful cartoon graphics and really soothing music. The writing's funny, too! You basically stick together loads of goo balls to form bridges and towers that can help you to reach the end of a level. You can even stick balloons on to your goo bridges to lift them up higher, or string together a load of exploding goo balls that go off in a cool firework display when you set fire to them.

I think it costs 1500 Wii points, and there's plenty of levels to try out. Well worth the money. It's one of my favourite Wii games even though it was designed on a small budget and doesn't come on a CD.

I'm one of those that found Smash Bros. a little dull, unless you're playing with friends or family in the same room. I don't play it these days.

What tastes do you have? What do you want from a game? It might help us to find you a game you'd like.:)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  10 Apr 2009
Latest post:  17 Aug 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about