What Works For Children?: Effective Services for Children and Families Paperback – 1 Jul 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Diana McNeish began her career as a social worker and spent 10 years in local authority social services before moving into the voluntary sector. She is currently head of research at Barnardo's. Her particular research interests are the links between research, policy and practice and in young peoples' participation.
Tony Newman managed community based learning disability services in South Wales before joining Barnardo's in 1990 as a research officer. He is an honorary fellow of the University of Exeter. His main fields of interest are the promotion of resilience in children and the effect on children of parental illness and disability.
Helen Roberts is Professor of Child Health at City University, London. She is a non-executive director with Camden and Islington Health Authority, and is on the partnership board of Camden and Islington Health Action Zone. Her academic and practice interests are in evidence-based practice, and inequalities in child health.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services