on 27 January 2014
This kindle book is hard to read because adjacent words have been joined together as one. This happens several times on each page. Then at the end of the story, it jumps back to several chapters before the end and repeats these chapters, so you don't know that you have reached the end of the story and the impact of the last sentence is completely lost.
on 11 December 2013
I loved the story but in this version there are so many places where 2 words are writtentogether without agap whichmade it very difficultto read. (Haven't come across this with any other Kindle books). Although the story itself was written for children, the language is a bit old fashioned and heavy going which could detract from the story for some readers; maybe has more appeal for adults like myself who enjoyed these stories as children (I actually tried to read it when I was much younger and gave up, but enjoyed persevering with it this time).
on 5 April 2014
The printing in this book is dreadful with many words running in to each other. In this series there are many errors e.g. "penstemens" is the name of the flower in In the High Valley NOT "panstamans". Many, many others. Does the person who was responsible for this understand English or American English or NOT.
on 21 December 2015
The supplier's service was fine, but the print was in a totally inappropriate format. This is a children's classic bought for a young niece, and the production used dense small type making it look like a turgid thesis. We had to buy another edition - this was money totally wasted.
on 10 April 2014
I read this book many years ago and enjoyed it so decided to re-read the books I enjoyed in my youth. This one was even better than I remembered it, there is a lot to be learned from this style of writing
on 1 February 2014
These are wonderful stories that I read over and over as a child and am delighted to be able to revisit as an adult but don't get this copy, at least two words in every sentence are run together making it almost unreadable.
on 17 June 2014
The story itself is fine but this edition has major editing issues. Words are frequently merged together and a substantial part of the book appears twice just as the story is about to end. I would definitely consider paying for a different edition. The problem with words running into each other was particularly irritating and very very frequent.
on 25 April 2016
Is it possible to give this no stars? Hope so! This is total crap. Do not buy! I would never have ordered it for my niece's birthday if I'd realised it was "published" by Amazon - a printed out download from an Ebook with covers it was this is. Rubbish.
on 26 January 2014
The book is as good as I remembered from childhood, but the Kindle edition is very poor, with lots of words that run into the other. Its a frustrating read, sadly
on 13 June 2014
I first read the what Katy did books when I was about 8 and rereading them now I love them just ask much as I did back then.

My only fault is that there aren't always gaps between words which can make reading more challenging but this is a format issue and nothing to do with the story.