Customer reviews

on 8 November 2016
I have a family connection so was really interested in reading this. Apart from that I think it gives an insight into early industrial lives and mobility of labour and is written in a very accessible way; almost give-away price too. Also some good photos of people and places plus colour shots of 'every-day' pottery.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 November 2013
Wetheriggs pottery was restored some years ago, but has now been turned into an animal sanctuary, which came as a bit of a surprise when we visited. The bottle kiln is surrounded by llama dung. The staff didn't know much about the pottery, but this book answered all my questions, and shows the types of pottery produced at different periods. I'd like to put the author in touch with the people there now, but can't track her down.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 July 2017
Exactly what I hoped for, enabled me to identify a vase, the date and origin. Thank you
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse