Western Digital 1TB SATA 6GBps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Green
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Reduced power consumption - WD has reduced power consumption by up to 40 % compared to standard desktop drives with the combination of WD's IntelliSeek, NoTouch, and IntelliPower technologies
- Perfect for external drives - external drive manufacturers can eliminate the need for a fan in a high-capacity product with a WD Caviar Green drive, the coolest and quietest in its' class
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) - WD Caviar Green drives employ PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density
- Low power spin-up - WD Caviar Green drives consume less current during startup allowing lower peak loads
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
As hard drive capacities increase, the power required to run those drives increases as well. WD Green drives make it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation.
Galaxy Tab 8.9 Desktop Dock
Top customer reviews
I wasn't sure if this would work as couldn't find anyone else that had upgraded a Pace Sky box but decided to give it go as the Sky box was becoming very unreliable and slow. If the drive didn't work I planned to install it in my PC for backing up and just buy an identical 300GB drive to go in the Sky box.
The new drive has been in the Pace Sky+ HD box for about a week and is working brilliantly, my free space went from low 30% free to 88% and box is running so much faster.
If it does play up I will update this review, until then assume it is still working.
A word of warning if your considering the barracuda drives, they were so loud I had to return them!
Overall the WDs appear to be stable, I am using them for pretty intensive work, and so far so good. Would I recommend them - Yes.
managed to copy my stuff off drive over some days. I think its a temperature thing.Fine when its cool then when it reaches normal temperature, it has a rest.
I have other WD drives 3 velociraptors and a black 1tb and they run fine.
WD do have a good advance RMA system. so if it does go wrong you will get it replaced quickly. Always backup your stuff! if It can fail, it will fail, its just a matter of time!
The drive was within Western Digital's 1 year warranty so I sent off for a replacement and that one has been performing well for nearly 2 months now. 3/5 stars for the trouble caused by the original breaking.
Service from Amazon was always great
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category