- Actors: Natalie Wood, Richard Beymer, Russ Tamblyn, Rita Moreno, George Chakiris
- Directors: Robert Wise, Jerome Robbins
- Format: PAL, Widescreen, Colour, Dolby, Digital Sound
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, English, German
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English, German
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 2
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Twentieth Century Fox
- DVD Release Date: 17 Nov. 2003
- Run Time: 146 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (523 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B0000BZNDA
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 413 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
West Side Story [Special Edition] [DVD] 
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer star in this classic musical drama adapted from the Broadway stage show. A neighbourhood in Manhattan, New York, provides the setting for a love affair between Tony (Beymer) and Maria (Wood), a young man and woman caught on opposite sides of a gang war. Maria is the sister of Bernardo (George Chakiris), leader of the Sharks, and Tony is the best friend of Riff (Russ Tamblyn), leader of the Jets. The two gangs are sworn enemies, and nothing Maria or Tony can say will dissuade them from the violence which leads to the film's heartbreaking finale. The film won ten Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Original Score.
The winner of 10 Academy Awards, this 1961 musical by choreographer Jerome Robbins and director Robert Wise (The Sound of Music) remains irresistible. Based on a smash Broadway play updating Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet to the 1950s era of juvenile delinquency, West Side Story stars Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer as the star-crossed lovers from different neighbourhoods--and ethnicities. The film's real selling points, however, are the highly charged and inventive song-and-dance numbers, the passionate ballads, the moody sets, colourful support from Rita Moreno, and the sheer accomplishment of Hollywood talent and technology producing a film so stirring. Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim wrote the score. --Tom Keogh
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I guess, it was something back in 1961, but not now.
Some of the actors are good but Natalie Wood is a ham.Read more