The Day the Sea Went out and Never Came Back (Helping Children with Feelings) Paperback – 3 Oct 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The carefully worded story, with lively, meaningful illustrations, offers a wealth of opportunities to connect with the emotional intensity of loss and the painful struggle inherent in mourning and reconstruction. --Bereavement Care
Sunderland's whole series is excellent. I find I recommend each one... Good writing, wonderful artwork, a real impetus to use the material --Adoption Today
A vital resource for all parents and child professionals --Families Magazine
About the Author
Dr Margot Sunderland is Director of Education and Training at The Centre for Child Mental Health London, Honorary Visiting Fellow at London Metropolitan University and Integrative Child Psychotherapist, Supervisor and Trainer with over two decades of experience in working with adults, teenagers and children. She is a First Prize award winning author, with 20 books in child mental health, published in nineteen countries.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When I read the book with my counsellor, I cried, as the poignant story is a very true reflection (for me), of the journey I am on at the moment. It was emotional reading this journey in such a clever way.
The cover is not as thick as some children's books but my son doesn't care and if it meant the book was published rather than not (due to printed a thicker book being too expensive to print), then that's good for me. The book is well worth it. I don't think children care about the quality of the pages!
This book is a real find.
bed time stories .I think it helped ,but I found it difficult to read to them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this book is amazing for young children who have suffered a loss, it explains to them why things may happen and how we create memories, beautifully worded and fantastic colourful... Read morePublished 7 days ago by eileen beggan
great book to explain the absence of parent/ or to explain death to children.Published 1 month ago by marie matinada
A very moving story to share with children who struggle with loss.Published 8 months ago by Ana Grey
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing up & Facts of Life > Friendship & Social Guidance > Death & Bereavement
- Books > Children's Books > Growing up & Facts of Life > Friendship & Social Guidance > Emotions & Feelings
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Behaviourial Difficulties
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Learning Difficulties
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Primary
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Secondary
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > School Books > Primary
- Books > School Books > Secondary
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Young Adult > Social Issues > Death