on 15 May 2017
Great book where children enjoy the story and moving her mouth!
on 14 January 2009
It is easy to see why this book won the Richard and Judy award for best children's book (2006). This is my 8 month old daughter's favourite book. The brightly coloured illustrations and the fact that Wendy the Wide-mouthed Frog is a hand puppet (attached to the book) combine to make this a highly entertaining read. Wendy thinks she is too good for the jungle that she lives in because she is better than all the other animals; that is until she goes to the sea and meets Sid the Squid 'who likes to eat wide-mouthed frogs who think they're better than everyone else'. This really should be on every child's bookshelf!
on 6 May 2011
I bought this book to entertain my young baby (3 months at the time). The first time I showed it to her she cried, but after seeing and feeling the book once, she was hooked! The characters mean that you can do great voices and my daughter loves watching the puppet move. I love these books.
on 21 August 2010
I like this book as the puppet makes the book more fun for little ones. The 'Your not so scarey sid' book by Sam Lloyd is better though in my opinion. Not got 'calm down borris' but plan to get it.
on 26 May 2009
A gift from my friend for my 4 year old who was 2 1/2 at the time. The book has been a brilliant success for both my 2 and 4 year old. They will listen to it over and over again, and now my 4 year old reads it to me and puts on the voice of Wendy! Because of this book I recently ordered 'calm down boris', and although the kids enjoy it I feel that 'Wendy...' has a better storyline and is more amusing.
on 13 April 2014
My lg who is 18 months loves these books, down with the puppet details its so lovely for a toddler to not only hear the parent reading the story but to take part too. Brilliant price and awesome books for any age family
on 19 October 2012
These books are absolutely fantastic! I have bought my niece a huge collection of them, she loves interracting with them and then make reading fun for her! I would recommend these books to everyone I know!
on 23 July 2013
This is a great value book that's a little different. Its very colourful and is a great quality gift for someone. My daughter loves it. There are other animals in the range.
on 12 March 2013
This book was purchased for my young son. he absolutely loves this book the hand puppet enables him to participate more actively in the story and stimulates his imagination.
on 24 August 2013
My daughter suggested this book as a birthday present for her 1 year old. His three older siblings (age two to eight) all love reading it aloud to their little brother.