The Welsh Kings: Warriors, Warlords And Princes Paperback – 1 Jan 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Maund is Lecturer in Medieval Welsh History at Cardiff University.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As might be expected, there is a greater abundance of corroborating material to support the later activities, and Kari Maund is careful to point out where tales have insufficient evidence to support them. While this candid approach is helpful, at times it becomes a little annoying and repetitive. The basic assumptions seem somewhat wrong to this reader - although there may indeed, as suggested, have been political machinations at work when certain ancient histories were written down by medieval scribes, it surely is also a possibility that they were authentic accounts made by diligent and impartial record-keepers. The presence of certain histories in only one ancient manuscript and not elsewhere, rather than being cause for questioning their reliability, might be because nobody would have felt a need to replicate an existing source. Ultimately however, having taken this approach does mean that the account of the Welsh Kings is as thorough as can be reliably sourced for a small volume, plus there is a reasonable bibliography for those who wish to explore some of the material in greater depth. This book contains more than 50 illustrations, all in black and white, some of which are photographs and others are the author's line drawings made at key locations. There are also some useful maps and family tree charts.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > British Royalty
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Royalty
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > British Heads of State
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wales
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > World History