A Well-Dressed Gentleman's Pocket Guide Hardcover – 2 May 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"For men whose sensibilities lead them toward classic dress, but whose knowledge is less than complete because of youth or inexperience, there is "A Well-Dressed Gentleman's Pocket Guide". Warnings of classic faux pas alone are worth the cover price." --From the foreword
For men whose sensibilities lead them toward classic dress, but whose knowledge is less than complete because of youth or inexperience, there is "A Well-Dressed Gentleman s Pocket Guide." Warnings of classic faux pas alone are worth the cover price. From the foreword"
About the Author
Oscar Lenius is the nom de plume of the proprietor of Germany's leading group of menswear stores. He is also President of the International Union of Menswear Outfitters.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Although the book does give very helpful details on consistency and possible faux-pas, it does NOT act as a substitute for style or taste. It merely points out possibilities for the self-selecting wearer. If you are looking for what tee-shirts will suit your jeans and trainers, you will not find it here. Thank Goodness!
This having been said, the book fails to mention cravats, and mentions only scanty details of the Peacock Revolution.
I came across this book whilst looking for some points on waistcoats, and was delighted the whimsical world which I discovered to exist in some peoples' wardrobes. I shall be buying a bowler hat next Monday.
My conclusion is that the book is valuable, but the advertisement does not reflect it's nature.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Fashion Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Textiles
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Beauty & Fashion
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gender Studies > Men