on 20 May 2007
For me, this was one of those books that you did not want to put down, but did not want to pick up either for fear of finishing it too quickly! An excellent read which had me laughing out loud, got me worried about what was happening to the main character and had me breathing sighs of relief when problems were overcome. Carole at her best and I wholeheartedly recommend this book.

Mel Lacey
on 20 August 2008
Loved this book can't really fault it as the story was so heartwarming - I hate books which don't really have an ending but this does. Its totally girly and great if you are a romantic who loves the idea of the unlikely. It left me wishing I was the main character!
on 1 June 2007
I have read all of Carole Matthews books and this is her best yet! She seems to have matured since her early books and this was a fabulously engrossing tale of 'just tell him/her!!!' romance. There were times when I was laughing and crying and my husband was fed up of telling me to turn off the light! A wonderful heartwarming tale with a happy ending. Although don't think that all of her books end with happy endings! Can't wait for the next one! Keep up the good work!!
on 31 August 2006
This a great holiday read, easy to get into. I have read all of Carole Matthews books, but found this one a bit annoying in parts, when everyone always jumps to the wrong conclusions, and no-one talks to each other at all. But great if you want an easy light hearted read with a happy ending......
on 26 August 2015
I like all Carole Matthews books that I read, but I love this!
Utterly brilliant. Everything that you could want in a book. Fern, Carl & Evan are all great characters that you can identify with. I couldn't put it down!
on 16 February 2016
i loved this book, it shows you that no matter where your from or your back ground or what you do in life you can fall in love with anyone and fast, its true and i should know, i feel in love very fast with my husband, but back to the book lol, some people say its to full on to fast etc well i think they are wrong it shows how you cant stop thinking about the one person when they touch your heart no matter how small and the sparks you get, also it shows that if there is something in this world that you really really want nothing should stop you from going for it, after all we only live once
on 9 November 2014
I just love this book and read it all in 1 day, I just couldn't put it down. I can't stop reading carole Matthews books. What am I going to do when I've read them all ?? Answers on a postcard please. I must admit to getting rather frustrated with Fern & Evan but all's well that ends well and a lovely, feel good, fun.ny read. As always full of interesting, entertaining characters even her resident mouse!
on 17 July 2014
I have read all of Carole's books and usually enjoy them as good holiday read, however this one took some getting into and although it was an easy read, you could put it down and forget to pick it up. The title suits part one of the book but not part two, maybe a nice lose yourself and dreams do come true fiction, but it felt rushed at the end after a slow build up early one. More editing at the beginning and more care at the end would have made this book a better read.
on 27 July 2015
I've read a lot of Carole Matthews and I like her style but I found this slow in the middle. It is a good story and easy to get into but I feel needed something extra to give it a boost in the middle!
on 30 June 2014
I have read nearly all of Carole Matthews books and this one is good like all the rest. I could not put this book down and I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. This is a heart warming story with a happy ending. Good storyline and characters were all very good too. Highly recommend this book.