WebSphere Application Server Bible Paperback – 20 Aug 2002
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Master the ins and outs of IBMs J2EE application server
- Develop applications using servlets, JSP, EJB, XML/XSLT, and Web services
- Discover the secrets of WebSphere administration and management
If WebSphere can do it, you can do it too . . .
IBM WebSphere Application Server gives you all the tools you need to develop, deploy, and manage Java 2 enterprise applications and Web services. Written by three IBM–certified WebSphere experts, this comprehensive guide shows you how to put WAS to work, whether youre a Java developer or a systems administrator. After an incisive overview of planning and installation, the authors provide 14 detailed chapters on WAS development tools and techniques, illustrated throughout with a running example application. Concluding with a thorough examination of configuration, security, troubleshooting, and other WAS administration tasks, they deliver all you need to make the most of WebSphere.
Inside, youll find complete coverage of WebSphere Application Server
- Understand WebSphere Application Server application architecture and Web services
- Install WAS and set up a development environment
- Harness the WAS development tools, WSSD and WSAD, and establish Web testing
- Master the fine points of servlet, JSP, EJB, and XML/XSLT development
- Delve into SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and other Web services programming standards
- Get up to speed on session–management configuration, application packaging, and other administration essentials
- Maximize WAS performance using the Resource Analyzer, wscb, and other performance–tuning and troubleshooting techniques
About the Author
Bryon Kataoka is a Solutions Architect/Mentor at Commerce Solutions. He is certified in WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Administration, WebSphere Studio, DB2 7.1, VisualAge for Java and is a certified Java Programmer. He has contributed to multiple VisualAge for Java books and has been a speaker at technical conferences. He is the technical lead at the Northern California/SF WebSphere users group. He has a B.S. in Business Administration with a MIS minor.
Dave Ramirez is a Lead Solutions Developer at Commerce Solutions. He is certified in WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Studio, DB2 7.1 and VisualAge for Java. Dave has a B.S. in Business Administration and a minor in Management Information Systems. Dave also contributes to Commerce Solutions training program and is a mentor/lead developer on most of his assignments. He has also submitted papers for publication.
Alan Sit is a Solutions Developer working at Commerce Solutions. He is IBM certified in WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Studio and VisualAge for Java. In addition to his consulting, Alan helps develop training materials and is responsible for WSAD "Brown Bag" presentations. Alan has a B.S. in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Science. Alan is a regular speaker at the Northern California/SF WebSphere User Group.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I needed to learn websphere for my job, so after the first few chapters I had to stop because the thing started to fly way over my head. All I needed was something to explain me the basics and the most common architecture and mechanics.
This book doesn't do that. Maybe if you are a veteran with Websphere, this might be good, but if you are looking for something to get you started, stay away from this book.