The Web Writer's Guide Paperback – 5 Mar 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...a comprehensive review of the material to consider when writing for the World Wide Web side-by-side with important business considerations." - Rebecca C. Hall, TechnicalCommunication
"This book brings together in a relatively short space the highlights of important concepts that make for good, solid, and even great online writing." - Rebecca C. Hall, TechnicalCommunication
From the Publisher
Featuring interviews with Web writers and developers, this guide will offer writers the benefit of many years combined field experience as well as a sense of how the content factors into various online publications.The Web Writer's Guide toolkit includes twenty-four checklists, worksheets, and forms that aid online writers to submit complete, concise, and clean copy. The checklists are also useful career path tools. For those new to online writing, the Quick Start section of the book is organized to help you produce quality copy quickly and professionally, for the first time and thereafter.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It's basically a news writing book but few differences are mentioned in regards to writing for Web pages. There isn't anything in it about how to program the site or lay it out, it's all style.
It isn't much help when you've already read numerous news writing books and taken news writing classes, but for a beginner it might work well.
If you've got even a modicum of media-writing experience, this book is pointless. It'll probably sit on my bookshelf as a reference.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Guides & Reference > Guides for Film-makers
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Screenwriting
- Books > Reference > Language > Handwriting
- Books > Reference > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences