- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Web Services and SOA: Principles and Technology Paperback – 13 Jan 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Web services allow new and improved ways for enterprise applications to communicate and integrate with each other over the Web and, as such, are having a profound effect on both the worlds of business and of software development.
The new edition of this bestselling book offers a comprehensive and up to date treatment of web services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), giving you all you need to know to gain a solid foundation in this area. Building upon the clear, accessible approach of the first edition, it provides a complete introduction to the concepts, principles, technology and standards of web services. The book also provides an in depth examination of good design and development practises for SOA applications in organisations.
- A spiral approach to instruction helps readers build on and reinforce basic knowledge as the topics become more advanced.
- Numerous examples which demonstrate the practical application of the theory are included.
- Self-test questions, hints, tips and discussion topics feature throughout the book to support self-directed learning.
New to this edition:
- Two new chapters have been added on SOA modelling and Cloud Computing technology.
- A comprehensive real-life case study containing numerous practical examples has been integrated and referenced throughout the entire book to give readers ‘hands-on’ insight into applying theory to practice, and enhance understanding of the key concepts.
- Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN), which is rapidly becoming an industry standard, is used throughout the book.
- Discussion of software engineering issues related to implementing sound SOA applications is included.
- Description of new standards, such as BPEL v2.0 is discussed.
- A Companion Website (www.pearsoned.co.uk/papazoglou) offers detailed coding solutions available to download.
Web Services & SOA: Principles and Technology is an indispensable complete reference for IT-minded students and for professionals alike.
Michael P. Papazoglou is a senior Professor at Tilburg University, The Netherlands, where he is the Executive Director of the European Research Institute in Service Science (ERISS) and the Scientific Director of the European Network of Excellence in Software Services and Systems (S-Cube).