- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: New Riders; 2 edition (10 Dec. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735714339
- ISBN-13: 978-0735714335
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 1.7 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
946,498 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #986 in Books > Computers & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- #1119 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Web Design Applications
- #1356 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
Web Redesign: Workflow That Works (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 10 Dec 2004
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
As the writers of Web Redesign: Workflow that Works know, anyone who has managed the process of developing or redesigning a Web site of significant size will likely have learned the hard way the complexities, pitfalls and cost risk of such an undertaking. While many Web-development firms have fantastic technical expertise, what sets the top-notch organisations apart is the ability to accurately manage the planning and development process. Web Redesign: Workflow that Works directly addresses this crucial area with a specific, proven process.
This brief but important book lays out a specific five-step strategy--called the Core Process--that can always be applied to the development of Web sites and fine tuned to almost any type of project. Each step--defining the project; developing site structure; visual design and testing; production and QA; and launch and beyond--contain three related but distinct tracks. The text begins with a brief overview of each of the steps, then delves deeper into each with detailed explanations as well as specific forms and project management strategies. This book does not cover back-end server side programming. Instead, it focuses primarily on the visual conventional components of a Web site.
Authors Kelly Goto and Emily Cotler compiled this book in an attractive, easy to read format. This process guide uses numerous full-colour screen shots to illustrate site examples, as well as plenty of site diagrams and sample forms. The book even has a companion Web site with downloadable forms in PDF format to put the Core Process into immediate action. --Stephen W Plain --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
"I wish I had this book when I was working at a Web design firm in the '90s. It would have saved us all a lot of headache."www.webreference.com, Sept 2001 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
I frequently have my internal and external clients read parts of the book because it explains what is needed resource and attitude wise for the desirable outcome in a web-project. Browse through it frequently to keep my projects on track and on target.
Highly recommend it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Never used it, whenever I do open it I find nothing of interest in it. I guess someone will find this useful, but I don't.Published on 6 April 2013 by CamillaBeates
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation