Web Designer's Guide to Netobjects Fusion Paperback – 1 May 1997
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Shows Web page designers and developers how to create eye-catching Web pages and sites using the latest version of NetObjects Fusion. The CD-ROM contains a 30-day, time-limited version of the latest release of NetObjects Fusion.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I purchased this book and it so full of errors, missing files and misleading or incorrect assumptions it is an embarrassment to the NetObjects Fusion product. Unfortunately, I opened the CD enclosed in the book so I can't return it. If I had a mailing address for either of these writers I would send it back to them, asking for my money.
As a reference to the mistakes in the book I shall name a few.
1. They say to go to NetObects website to obtain the "Astro" template. I found no templates at their website.
2. They create a website using a fish template that doesn't exist anywhere either.
3. They make numerous references to buttons that are misnamed. They call the elements button components repeatedly. I can only imagine they rehashed some previous version of a book they wrote for an earlier version of Fusion and the words changed but their book didn't.
4. They claim you can use parts of a template by choosing Insert on the File menu. There is no insert, only an import. But this dialog box doesn't lead to the features they claim. They say you can somehow load the HR part of the Intranet template. There is no HR Template to load and it does not let you load part of a template.
5. On page 154 they say to turn a feature on to try out the next several steps. After a while, I figured out that you have to turn the feature off to make it work.
6. They use an example of connecting to an access database. They don't give you the database they tell you to connect to, nor do they help you with the errors encounter trying to use your own databases.
I only got half way through the book and I am too frustrated to go any further.