on 28 December 2013
Received the item and was surprised at how much the box contained considering the price. Initially I made the mistake of inserting the batteries into the receiver first when it should be the transmitter then the receiver. Gave the unit a good 15 minutes to obtain the time settings but could not get this to happen so set the clock manually which was all very easy. Placement of the outside components will have a huge effect on the units accuracy and the 'E book' gives some very helpful advice on installation locations etc. To test the unit I placed the transmitter outside and expected the data to update instantly, however this is not the case and it took around 20 minutes to display all the correct information, after the initial wait the display seems to update frequently and keeps up with changes. In all fairness though the outside components were assembled indoors at 23 degrees and then placed outside where the temperature was 6 degrees. As of yet I have not delved into the alarm setting and the correct barometer setting etc but am sure based on what I have seen so far that it will be accurate.

My only small niggle would be the stand that folds out at the back.. It is not stiff enough to hold the unit at an angle or support it vertically but this was easily solved with a small piece of blue tac to prevent it folding up on itself. From what I have seen so far and also the included components this unit really is good value and cross referencing the data from the unit and internet sources the data seems almost identical to what I am seeing from alternatives. Very pleased, excellent value and quite fascinating.

Stand is not faulty just needs to be pushed into the unit fairly firmly then it locks...
44 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 July 2016
Although not available on amazon anymore, this was a purchase for mt father who likes his weather predictions, he loves it and still proceeds to inform me of the air pressure and whats coming our way!
on 1 January 2014
Brought this for my father and it's a superb piece of kit, set it all up and put it on the side of the house and was all up and running within a few hours.

The only disappointing this is, is that we have yet to receive the free 29 page set and maintenance ebook, the paperwork which comes with it isn't indepth enough and my dad would really like to get his hands on the ebook, so he can understand what the weather station is depicting that bit more in depth.

Other than that, it's a well priced item and are very happy with it. One thing to note is the console does have a stand, just make sure the rear flap on the battery cover is pulled down flat and then pushed hard into the console.
on 3 June 2017
Couple years now and it still working fine I would recommend this to anyone
on 28 March 2014
good reviews encouraged me to buy this for my husband for xmas and he's well pleased with it.was easy to set up once we realised the console was better in his workshop than in the office away from phones etc!! highly recommended
on 1 January 2015
Works really help. No trouble setting it up. Someone here very pleased with the machine. The people there were very nice when I emailed them.
on 7 October 2013
I purchased this as a gift for my father. Dad can now review the weather from anywhere in the house and no longer has to go outside to empty his rain gauge. The battery polarity in the transmitter is critical and the markings are a bit hard to see would be our only complaint.
on 9 October 2013
Easy to set up and install. It took to me less than an hour to install it including reading the manual, programme setup, and making a permanent installation. The wireless function works great. No problems. I like all the features including the time clock.
on 30 December 2014
Works very well, but instructions not too clear for someone who is not a weather expert
on 3 December 2014
Difficult to find 'zone -1' on a scale of 0-12! (since found) Folding stand from base unit worse than useless ( now super-glued in place) BUT otherwise an excellent accurate piece of kit. Longer leads from wind and rain sensors would have saved me a lot of time and expense. Very good value.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse