- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Yale University Press (9 Dec. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0300109253
- ISBN-13: 978-0300109252
- Product Dimensions: 26.9 x 3.3 x 30.7 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 78,216 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Wearing Propaganda: Textiles on the Home Front in Japan, Britain, and the United States: Textiles in Japan, Britain and the United States, 1931-1945 ... in the Decorative Arts, Design and Culture) Hardcover – 9 Dec 2005
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'...a scholarly, and surprisingly fascinating, look at fashion and textiles as propaganda...during the Asia Pacific War.' -- The Independent, 20th January 2006
'...lavish and beautiful...it is the volume's painstaking exposition of [wartime designs and patterns]...which establishes it as truly original work' -- Cynthia Rose, Crafts Beautiful, March 1 2006
'[A] handsome, scholarly volume...fascinating...compelling...' -- Juliet Gardiner, History Today, June, 2006
About the Author
Jacqueline Atkins is Kate Fowler Merle-Smith Curator of Textiles at Allentown Art Museum and curator of the Bard Graduate Center Wearing Propaganda exhibition.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Fashion
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Textiles
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Textiles
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Sculpture
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Beauty & Fashion
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology